PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Garden City Hospital located in 6245 INKSTER RD - Garden City, MI. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
6245 INKSTER RD
City
GARDEN CITY
State
MI
ZIP Code
County
WAYNE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
low
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
3%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
8 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
331 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
1.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
58%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
19%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14.1%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
9.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.8%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.6%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.4%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.8%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
H

HERIBERTO

Garden city has no regard for patients or human life for that matter. Was brought in late at night 2 weeks ago on a rainy, Friday evening and was treated like garbage. Was having major seizures and my family was smart enough to bring me in first thing even though I don’t like hospitals that much. But now that I think about it maybe it wouldn’t have been so bad to leave me at home. Cuz gosh the treatment at this hospital is downright disgusting.

Not just me.. other patients were also being neglected left and right ; I just couldn’t believe doctors had the heart to leave a patient in pain like that. But what’s worse than that, in my case, they did everything wrong. First of all they didn’t even consult me before giving me local anesthesia- I’ve had trouble with it before and was asked to stay away from it. The drugs they prescribed to me were not in the correct dosage or amount.. I reacted to them in a horrific way adding on to my hospital stay. And now that I think about it I wonder if that was on purpose.. to make me stay there for longer.

But that’s just my paranoia talking but I’m so happy I’m out of there because it was suffocating. Basically after every mistake they made they’d ask me to go see another physician in the same hospital but different department, and acted like it wasn’t their fault to begin with. Not that they apologized.. heck no. But at least have the decency to own up to your mistakes.

They were way too non chalant to be running a hospital. When they checked me two days before discharging me , the doctor claimed I’d need to stay for another week for full recovery. But then two days after he checks up on me and goes, “yeah you’re good to go.” Don’t even get me started on the nightmare that was the billing department. Gosh. I would avoid by all means.

Daxten

Daxten

Doctors have no manners and don’t hesitate to shout at the patients. Is this what you call professionalism? Brought my sick mother to Garden City Hospital yesterday and Dr. Ameena (or something like that- definitely middle eastern) was SO rude. Docotrs I get that you have personal lives and probably stuff going down in your own lives but for the love of God, do not take out your frustration on the poor patients. The nerve I tell you… As for this rude doctor, I still think she should not be working in the public eye, one of the most hellacious experiences I’ve had in a hospital.

seth

seth

The service here is unbeatable- especially in this side of the city it’s hard to find hospitals that actually respect patients. The atmosphere is positive and the hospital smell is that of febreeze . Staff are genuinely caring and supportive and not phoney at all. I liked it.

L

luca morris

Every surgery I’ve ever had in the past has caused some sort of complication that brought about a lot of going back and forth to hospitals. Something I did not like at all. But hey. It’s my body. I can’t just not do the surgery. When I went to garden city I didn’t have high hopes of having a successful surgery. But I was wrong. The surgeons were very efficient. Explained everything to me in advance, asked for my thoughts (a pleasant surprise). After that the surgery went smoothly. Waited for another few weeks for complications. Nothing. They called me after a few weeks and I thought- there it was. The complication. But they’d just called me in to check on the sutures. Everything was just fine. Thank you garden city from the bottom on my heart.

K

Kenner

Garden city hospital is a very average hospital- I’ve been to better but I’ve also been to worse. So it kinda comes in between for me. Still I go here during emergencies when my daughter has major asthma attacks and to see my OB but for ER emergencies I prefer other hospitals (waiting time is too high).

F

FALLON

I cannot stand indecisiveness, be it in person or on call. While hiring assistants or receptionists, make it a point that you get people who are good conversationalists and can speak running English to the patients. Otherwise it’s your business that will lose. I’ve called Garden city twice already in the last 3 days to confirm my appointment with the gyneo and somehow the receptionist manages to screw that up .

To make things worse she keeps saying “ummm” before everything which gets to me so hard. Definitely looking for another alternative, because Lord knows this kind of inefficiency would show in the way the hospital is run- and indeed that was the case. Went there yesterday and found chewing gum stuck to the bottom of the bed I was sitting on- utterly disgusting. How patients are asked to live like this is beyond me – it’s inhumane.

Sincerely,
Mary Fallon