Low Cost Frederick Memorial Hospital MD Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Frederick Memorial Hospital located in 400 WEST SEVENTH ST - Frederick, MD. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
400 WEST SEVENTH ST
City
FREDERICK
State
MD
ZIP Code
County
FREDERICK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
6 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
362 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
59%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
7%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.8%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.4%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.3%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
10.5%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Worse than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.2%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3.2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly better than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
T

Tuebec

I would recommend going to Shady Grove instead of Frederick Regional, it’s close by and a lot more efficient. I've had horrible migraines over the past year. I know that I am still not completely fine, no matter how many times they try to convince me that I am. But there’s a way to talk to patients, and this hospital does not know how to do that. No matter how many times you ask them questions, they pretend like you’re too dumb to know, so don’t even bother trying. Very disappointed with my visit here, not coming back ever.

SheizMe

SheizMe

Sometimes I wonder if it’s worth reading reviews before going to hospitals. And all I can say is that I am SO relieved that I didn’t do that before going to Frederick Regional. Because I legit would’ve cried. There is so much negativity out there, and if it was even accurate I would’ve been fine with it. But all the hate on the internet doesn’t do justice to the treatment that my father received at this hospital.

A common complaint that I’d noticed was that apparently the doctors weren’t caring enough. The doctor that tended to my father had a horrible stomach cramp and yet on my father’s second day at the hospital, he showed up on his day off, just to check up on him and make sure he was feeling okay. If that isn’t caring enough, I don’t know what is.

A little back story: my dad has had two heart attacks, back to back-two weeks ago and it’s been scary. The first one was very mild, we didn’t even take him to the hospital. In fact, he didn’t even tell us, but he knew. The second time around, he didn’t have to tell us. We rushed him to FMH because my sister’s boyfriend works there. And thank God we did because it was a big one.

Not only were the cardiac doctors (and all the other staff- didn’t get a chance to pen down their names) very effective but they gave fantastic, speedy solutions and discussed everything with the family members before making any decisions. My father had to be taken to the cardiac care unit as soon as we got here and two weeks later, he’s still in there, holding onto life. But we are not concerned, we know he’s in good hands. Thank you, all.

A

ATROPIA

Even though I am relatively new to Dickerson I know that FMH is one of the good ones. Not just my experience but my friends, my colleagues, relatives…everyone only has good things to say about this place. I think that’s ‘nuf said.

Butterfly

Butterfly

Came to Frederick Regional to deliver my second child. It was a bumpy ride all the way, but Frederick went out of their way to make my stay a little more comfortable. I would not blame them for the complications that arose from the anesthesiologist- I blame the anesthesiologist alone. But honestly, that was the only issue I had. Everything else, from beginning to end, was rather smooth a process.

I came in as soon as my water broke and was greeted by a nurse at the entrance. We’d called ahead of time, letting them know we were on our way, so as to iron out the details about our room. When I was delivering my first child, we had some issues with the hospital. The pre-booked room somehow vanished and we had to wait for 30 minutes before getting a room. This time, we left no stone unturned and luckily everything fell into place.

The nurse wheeled me towards the birthing suite which was nice and spacious. There was everything I needed, three very attentive nurses who kept running back and forth and getting me water and ice chips (when my husband wasn’t). The OB checked on me every couple of minutes to see how far along I’d come. For some reason, I was stuck on 7 cm dilated for about 2 hours, which was the most uncomfortable I’d ever been in my life.

Of course, later on we figured out the baby was breached, so we needed to go for Cesarean. This was fine, up until some complications arose from the anesthesia given to me. As a high blood pressure patient this was a bit of a risk to begin with, but there was no way I could take the pain otherwise. Either way, turns out it was a complication because the anesthesiologist screwed up on her part, because she’s supposed to verify all the details beforehand. I was very close to suing her but figured, things cleared up in a few days, so what’s the harm.

Big shout out to our OB, Dr. Patel who really did the best job dealing with me and my hormonal state. I was screaming and yelling at everyone who talked to me or gave me “their opinions” when they weren’t asked. Dr. Patel didn’t take into consideration any of the tormentings and continued to treat me like he did on a daily basis. Let bygones be bygones. It was the perfect, ideal situation for me to give birth in and even though I was rooting for natural childbirth, things didn’t go my way, but at the end of the day, I’m just happy my healthy baby boy is now in my arms. At last.

R

Richardarm

After a pretty bad heart episode, my wife brought me into Frederick and I gotta say, not such a bad hospital to spend your birthday in. The staff found out through my documents that too- didn’t tell them anything, and everyone wished me. Everyone was cordial with me, even after my birthday, the staff in particular was very thorough and professional. I enjoyed my short stay here.

BobTran

BobTran

Very unprofessional. I was interested in this sleep study they were conducting and volunteered because I was someone who suffered from sleep apnea for years on end. But it was a disappointment, all in vain. After conducting the test, when I asked for the results, they refused to give it to me, saying I had no signed a release. Why else would I conduct a test though?
When I went to the hospital to find out about this and the doctor who was in charge of the experimentation, he said nothing seemed to be wrong. It was pretty evident that he was telling me the bare minimum. But the bill sent to me later on was certainly not the bare minimum.