Top Pulmonary Hospital Low Cost Floyd Cherokee Medical Center (Centre, AL) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Floyd Cherokee Medical Center located in 400 NORTHWOOD DR - Centre, AL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
400 NORTHWOOD DR
City
CENTRE
State
AL
ZIP Code
County
CHEROKEE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
low
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
14 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
58 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
232 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
5.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
77%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
6%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
12.6%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.5%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.3%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
F

FartMan

Floyd Cherokee Medical Center is a very good medical center located in Center, AL. It has got a warm feeling to it and is supported by one of the most professional healthcare professionals in the country. But even these guys have their limits, and it would be nice if the hospital management pumps in more resources to support these guys.

NinjaMan

NinjaMan

Walked into the FCMC (Floyd Cherokee Medical Center) ER one day with severe pain in my leg and wanted some medicines to address the pain. The on-call ER doctor understood my situation and wrote me a script for some painkillers and advised me to go to another hospital where a phlebologist can take a good look at my leg and prescribe adequate treatment. She also gave the name of the doctor and told he is the best in the town. I truly appreciate this effort and made sure that I came back and thanked the team who took care of me on that fateful night.

H

HumanBeing

I had come to FCMC in the morning feeling very ill, and the doctor came and asked me to be put on fluids. I was very happy with the attention and felt that I was in good care.

But my joy was short-lived, and during my entire stay there (lasted for nearly eight hours) I never saw the doctor again. The nursing staff came, took some blood for testing and then they vanished. I finally lost my patience and used a call light to call the nurse, who was not only rude but had the gumption to lie through his teeth. He said they were very busy with a rush of patients and had no time for minor ailments like this. The guy forgot that I was lying in the ER and the “rush of patients” he talked about comprised of five patients over a period of five hours.

Having had enough, I asked to be discharged AMA and went to my PCP who suggested another hospital which took good care of me. I think the hospital is into fleecing the patients, as well as the insurance companies and, are really not bothered about the patients or their families.

J

Jed

Do not really care what others say about Floyd Cherokee Medical Center, but whenever I went to the hospital, I was treated well. The center is a nice, and orderly place. It is very organized and very clean, a rarity in other hospitals. They also have one of the greatest staff that I have come across! Talking about the facilities, the center has a very large parking area, and a covered drive that leads right up to the front door. The lobby area which has the check-in desk is very comfy. The hospital also organizes an AA meeting at 6:00 pm on Fridays at its cafeteria. Tell me which other hospital does that?

V

Vivian007

My son suffered a small cut on his forehead, and we ended up at the FCMC ER around 4 in the evening on a weekday. The Urgent Care Centers did not take us in as they said it needs to be addressed in an ER, and this was the nearest one. When we came in, it was near empty. We had to wait for nearly an hour before the on-call doctor and nurse saunter in and try to apply skin glue to address the cut. I must admit that I have never seen such a clumsy attempt at applying something as basic as a skin glue. They somehow finished the clumsy job and then sent us home.

The next morning, as expected, the glue fell off, and I was kicking myself for going to the hospital and wasting our time and insurance on this. I decided to apply the glue on my own, and I did a much better job than those two dumbos.

I think FCMC must address the problem of employing these kinds of nutcases if they want more patients to come in and get treated at this hospital

H

Howard

My family and I have been to FCMC Emergency department quite a few times and every single time, we have been treated well. Everyone is very friendly and the waiting time for ER and appointments is very less.

B

Best

Floyd Cherokee Medical Center has some great facilities. It has a big parking facility, a covered driveway, and a very good cafeteria. The best part of FCMC is the lobby area which has a home-style waiting area which can make any person very comfortable and calm their nerves.

R

Rose

I have never visited FCMC for any healthcare needs, so cannot say how the staff is. But I can tell one thing, the facility does organize one of the best AA meetings in the town. In fact, the FCMC meetings are so popular that the attendees report to the meeting by 5:45 pm for a 6 pm meeting and stay back late.

C

cells

We had once visited the FCMC ER late in the night because of my wife’s persistent abdominal pain. The on-call doctor gave primary aid and told us that she would need some scans, but their techs are not present, so it would be better to go to another hospital for more detailed care. We were very thankful to the doctor and promptly took up his advice and went to another hospital which showed that she had some cysts in her fallopian tubes, which required surgery.

B

bottle

I was once admitted to FCMC, well before Floyd took them over, so my review would be for that. The staff was good and professional, but the hospital was severely understaffed. It was a daily struggle to get a doctor to see me, and even if they came, the checkup lasted for only a few minutes. That being said, the doctors were very good, and it was due to their efforts that I was able to fight and win the battle against a life-threatening disease.

Cock

Cock

Went to FCMC once for an x-ray to confirm I had a broken hand and I had to wait for a few hours before an x-ray could be taken. The funny thing is that while wet read showed a navicular fracture, I had to wait for two days to get the official reading before getting the treatment started. This is ridiculous.

F

Fooker

I have been a regular patient of CMC, and I was sad that the hospital was under severe strain and was really worried that the hospital would be closed. So, when I heard that Floyd was going to run the show, I was the happiest person. I sincerely hope that CMC would touch new heights under Floyd management.