PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Exeter Hospital located in 5 ALUMNI DRIVE - Exeter, NH. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
5 ALUMNI DRIVE
City
EXETER
State
NH
ZIP Code
County
ROCKINGHAM
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
260 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
72%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.6%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.8%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.3%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.8%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.6%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Maelalove

Maelalove

My mother slipped in the bath tub and broke her arm. She is 80 years old and walks very slowly and carefully, so when this happened, she was in a state of shock. Thankfully I was at home that day and heard the thud. Took her immediately to the ER at Exeter’s- I’d been here once before and had a pleasant experience.

But the ER experience is very different from the normal inpatient- they take FOREVER to admit you. My poor mother sobbed the entire time and they made us wait for 2 hours at least. No medication or ice pack was given to relieve her of the pain, even when I asked. They even threatened to have me kicked out because apparently I was being rude with the head nurse. But really, they were the ones being indecent. Such crap!

A

ArleneCook

Love the labor ward in this hospital. Both my babies were born here and I couldn’t be happier or more appreciative of the services they offer. The staff are very attentive. They are always on their feet, unlike other hospitals where they sit and gossip all the time. Very impressed with the work ethic at Exeter. Have already recommended this practice to all my friends and family.

I

izzie

They have absolutely no hesitation while billing you- but they make you wait for an eternity. This doesn’t just apply for ER visits, but even pre-booked appointments. My dad needed to have an endo so we booked an appointment with Exeter. My dad’s PCP is in this hospital, that’s why we went with Exeter. Anyway we got to the room and they asked my dad to undress and wait in bed. We waited for more than 1 and a half hours before someone came to him. This is just not done.

B

bmcleod19

I feel like this hospital ought to shut down- I have been going through some of the reviews that people have written about this place, glorifying how “amazing” or “uplifting” their treatment procedures were, but it’s all bull crap. This hospital does not know how to respect patients, let alone give them proper medication. I have been to many hospitals across the globe and I would never expect my worst ER experience to be in the United States. I am still fuming about it and I just got back from the hospital, so I knew I had to write this review straight away.

So I’ve been getting rashes in between my thighs for a while now, I gained a lot of weight in the past year, so I always figured it was caused by the friction and stuff. It got worse over the last couple of weeks and even though I was fairly certain I was never going to have it checked out by anyone, last night I couldn’t bear it. More than itching, it was painful. So I took a look and was alarmed to see that they had taken on a bright red hue and were bigger in size than I remembered.

Obviously I freaked, so I drove myself to Exeter, the closest hospital nearby according to GPS. Once I got there, they were questioning me like they’d caught me robbing a bank. Such interrogation, I was shocked. They wanted to know what I was doing there at 2 in the morning. LIKE WHAT? First of all, this is a hospital- so that means people can come in at any time. Secondly, I have no idea why anyone would want to threaten patients to leave. How else do you make money in a hospital?

Anyway, they asked me to wait. I am not going to play my “black” card but I’m pretty sure they thought I was there to rob them. Anyway, after 1.5 hours- even though it was pretty empty at the time- I finally got to see a doctor. Oh, no wait, it wasn’t even a doctor, it was a PA. She asked me what the issue was. I told her about the rashes and she cringed, like I had told her I wanted to nail her. She then hesitantly asked me to show them to her. When I did, she said it was most likely herpes. I was shocked, humiliated, and so angry that I knew the best thing to do was to leave. She gave me a prescription for Valtrix, the medication for herpes and said I would fine in a few weeks.

Clearly, they’d taken a look at my skin color and naturally assumed that I was more likely to have Herpes than another kind of allergy. To think that this kind of racism exists even in the 21st century disgusts me so much that I don’t even know what to say. But one thing’s for sure, I’ve made up my mind. Definitely going to sue them or at least take them to court.

R

Rvatti

This hospital has the best health care provision in all of New Hampshire- the staff is unbelievable. And this coming from a fellow nurse at a competing hospital says a lot. A particular shout out to all the great nurses who helped my father with his stroke. Megan, Kells, Jennifer, Stanley… all you guys were just the best.

My father still asks about you guys, 2 weeks after being discharged. Thank you Dr. Paige for your amazing service as well. The best part about this hospital is that they don’t treat you like just another sick patient. They take the time to get to know you, your family, there’s all kinds of bonding involved- even though I’m not sure that is very professional, it’s what the patients seem to like. So keep up the good work, and a huge thank you from my dad.

audriana1981

audriana1981

Every time I’ve been brought to Exeter’s Emergency Department, it’s felt like they clear the whole hospital up for me. I’ve never had to wait in line for anything, even for 10 minutes. Not just me, but my son also. I wouldn’t call it being biased because I’ve seen a few other patients being treated the same way. Anyway, very grateful for their services.