PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Eskenazi Health Hospital located in 720 ESKENAZI AVENUE - Indianapolis, IN. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
720 ESKENAZI AVENUE
City
INDIANAPOLIS
State
IN
ZIP Code
County
MARION
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Local
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
288 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
62%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
10.6%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
9.8%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.6%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.6%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.4%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average

1967Jalal

The diamond in the rough for hospitals- Eskenai health 100%. Back me up here, peeps. This has got to be the ONLY hospital that comes to mind when it comes to trauma centers. Okay before that, LOL I didn’t know Eskenai was earlier called Wishard- my boyfriend used to work there. Anyway the location of this hospital is 1. Very convenient for me, it’s on my way to work so coming here has never been an issue for me. 2. Very peaceful location- the landscape surrounding it is very calming and doesn’t look like a hospital and 3.

There’s plenty of natural sunlight that comes into the hospital from outside so kudos to the architects. Not only is the trauma center great but their burn unit is very efficient. I would say for a teaching hospital this place does a great job at including students in patient-care teams. And they slide in just fine. The doctors or mentors are professional and take good care of the patients and teach the students to do the same. Heard one of the doctors explaining to an intern that patient care always comes first.

J

Jettson

Top notch care received at Eskenai health. Was here on a short business trip. Was not mentally prepard to go to the er anywhere. But glad it was here. They accommodated and welcomed me in a unique manner. Not like other hospitals I’ve been to. Doctors will talk to you during rounds in a friendly manner. You can ask them anything too.

A

ansleigh84

Unlike the usual downtown hospitals Eskenai health is unusually clean. They have good staff members who provide excellent service. On time appointments, wont have to wait for too long. Sometimes when the hospital is full there might be a delay of a few minutes but that’s the extent of it. My 7 pm appointment got pushed to 730 max on a horribly rushed day. It’s not just me but my entire family that has been taken care of by Eskenai health. For example my mother who took a bad fall last month was brought here immediately because we knew she was in good hands.

Plus she’s only comfortable in so many hospitals.. Her arm was shattered.. all kinds of fractures in one arm alone. She had to have surgery done on her but again this was not a concern for any of us. My father has also had surgery done on him in this very hospital and two of the physicians were his classmates. So we always feel comfortable here. Another big misconception about this hospital is that it is very unorganized.

Read that review long ago about this hospital and wondered how anyone got that impression about this hospital. If anything it is one of the better hospitals in terms of organizational skills. You will get all your hospital bills and medical records mailed to you efficiently with no mix ups. They are very careful while handling documents, I know because I spoke to two of them who were handling my mother’s broken arm and I needed them to mail the docs to me.

1963Damonte

Nice, clean hospital with great supporting staff. It’s not about the money for them otherwise they wouldn’t be sacrificing their social lives for this. Was only here as inpatient for 4 days but had a good time. Don’t know if I recommend the er it’s too crowded 24x7 and you’ll have to wait for long hours.

C

Chaya

You should try the Women’s center of excellence. Indianapolis has so many hospitals, a lot of them are shitty. It’s hard to find which one works best for you but WCE has always been on top of my list. The best thing about them is how much they respect patients. Also their families. Their condition and suggestions are taken seriously, their queries are not left unanswered. The staff actually makes an effort to get involved and answer whatever questions need clarity. Even the experienced doctors. It’s not about hierarchy here. Even though the wait periods are not short the staff members always make it a point to apologize to the patient if they have to wait for much longer than they are told. Whether it’s the receptionist, a nurse or your physician, always good to know that they value your time just as much as you value theirs.

Aleksey87

Aleksey87

So. Freaking. Horrible. Words cannot describe my frustration towards this s**thole of a hospital. Not one staff member is attentive, everyone is busy passing along the goss. And I’m including dotors in this ..which is the sad part. They will come to your room will be taking your vitals while talkin to nurses.

J

Jalaya

Someone assured me that the wait time at this hospital is the least in Indianapolis.
Don’t know why I bother listening to people, it was worse than the previous hospital I’d gone to that made me wait for 4 hours for a freaking appointment!!!
Medical staff have no regard for human life, will literally just act like you’re invisible and go on with their lives.
It’s sad.

silent-singer

silent-singer

Monsters that work here. Don’t care about anything but themselves. Even when nurses, staff comes into room to check up on patients they will talk amongst themselves. No one maintains cleanliness. A doctor that saw another patient came into my room without cleaning his hands. How disgusting.