PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Elmhurst Memorial Hospital located in 155 EAST BRUSH HILL ROAD - Elmhurst, IL. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
155 EAST BRUSH HILL ROAD
City
ELMHURST
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
DU PAGE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
266 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
67%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.6%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.1%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.5%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
11.4%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.8%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.8%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Significantly netter than the National Rate
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
A

amoura23

The hospital has a sprawling campus and one does feel good while they are here but the place has a lot that can be improved. The first and foremost is the attitude of the staff. They are rude and quite judgmental towards their patients.

I wouldn’t have come here if not for a friend of mine who recommended this place. I came in here and I was asked a few weird questions. Then, the nurses showed me attitude and made me wait for hours in end before I decided to walk out. And yea, they didn’t seem to care a bit even when I made my way out of the place.

L

looney Looser

The place is a source of comfort and I received excellent care while I was admitted here. The doctors, the nurses, the physicians, the technicians and all the other staff were all caring and professional.

I faced a terrible experience elsewhere trying to get some help and that’s when I rushed here to Elmhurst and I thank God for the right decision I made. I must appreciate the ER of this place; all they took was 15 minutes for a doctor to see me.

They know how to make efforts in the right direction and did their best to make me feel at ease. I would definitely recommend this place.

mattie

mattie

The place is nice looking with good infrastructure and that’s where it all ends. It has good buildings but nothing else. The ER wait time is longer than one can even imagine and the nurses and the doctors, the rudest ones on this planet.

Even the technicians and the janitors seemed to show a hell lot of attitude and I can never forget the dirty looks they gave me. None of them are bothered about you or the pain you have to go through; all they care is for their comfort and their pay checks.

Please don’t make the mistake of going here if you care for yourself.

V

VaRnIkA11

I underwent a knee replacement surgery at this hospital and I am glad I chose this one out of every other hospital. I dreaded this surgery but the team of doctors who handled my case and the nurses who were assigned to me made things a lot more easier for me to handle.

Even the therapist I got was such a sweetheart. She ensured all my needs were thoroughly taken care of while I underwent physiotherapy with her. The nurses were marvelous creatures and was there to attend to me every single time I needed them.

I must say, every single soul working in that hospital was there for me at my beck and call. What more can a patient ask for! Highly recommended!!

Aariz

Aariz

I was here at their ER waiting room with my soon a few months back when my son had severe abdominal pain. Not only did they not do anything about it but they were also as rude as they could be to my poor son.

We were royally ignored while they had a gala time at the hospital. So, based on my experience, I would never recommend this place to anyone.

J

Jaise

This hospital is the most convenient option for medical care in my case. But how I wish it was not because that horrible and horrendous the place is. I had always been a sickly child and things have not changed for the good even when I became an adult and that’s why my visits to the hospitals and doctors have become more of a routine.

All my life, I have been more to hospitals and clinics than I have been elsewhere. And this place did not ever make things better for me. I have been here umpteen number of times and I know I will be making more visits here though I would not step inside this place if I had a choice.

At times, my condition is so damn bad and I am in a very bad need of medical attention that I have to come running here although I hate to do that. The place is filled with freaks and I think every time I make out alive from this place, I am lucky.

Linley

Linley

Last year, when I was at Elmhurst, I figure out that the place has completely wrong information about me. It was totally inaccurate and I have no clue where they even got it from. When the doctor read it out to me, I told him it was all wrong and he was himself in a state of shock to hear that. I requested that he deletes it but he said he was not authorized to do it.

He suggests that I go to the admin department and I decide to take his advice. I go there with all my hopes pinned on to them and finally they tell me that they cannot delete all that wrong information or add anything.

I failed to understand what kind of a system is that. It is seriously not done and never good enough!!!

L

leap-grave

I brought in my brother here and very soon they diagnosed him properly and announced to us family that he needs a surgery. I was extremely happy that the doctors could figure out what was wrong with my brother and how they could tackle it.

I am glad the hospital staff were quick and effective in their ways and did everything to ensure the safety of my brother. I feel happy to see that he is in trustworthy hands.