PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Elliot Hospital located in 1 ELLIOT WAY - Manchester, NH. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1 ELLIOT WAY
City
MANCHESTER
State
NH
ZIP Code
County
HILLSBOROUGH
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
48 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
5%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
66 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
350 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
64%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
7%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.9%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
12.5%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
9.8%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.4%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.1%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.6%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
C

cnunamaker

I hate the fact that hospitals are becoming more money centric now. I miss the times when people trusted hospitals to take of their medical needs, instead of having to wonder what kinds of unnecessary medical tests they would have to endure, so that the hospital could make more money! If I were to be honest, I was very dissatisfied with the service at this hospital.

Let my preface this by saying that I am a person who lives a pretty humble life, so I do not have a lot of extra income in my savings that I can waste. The one time I went to this hospital was to get some blood tests done, and it was one of the weirdest hospital experiences I have ever had! The doctor asked me to get the tests redone 2 times, due to the results apparently being ‘inconclusive’! It may not be expensive for everybody, but I was not willing to pay for a bunch of unnecessary tests over and over again.

When I called tried contacting the hospital about this issue, they kept giving me meaningless replies, and my inquiry calls went nowhere. If you have a choice to go to another hospital, I would strongly recommend that. This hospital handled my situation very irresponsibly, and I would not be surprised if they did the same to others as well.

G

gabbaray

If great service is not a good enough reason to like this hospital, I will give you another reason: great rooms as well. When I took my wife to this hospital for her pregnancy, she was obviously feeling very uneasy. They gave her a room that was soundproofed and had a very calming light in there. Till this day, whenever she hears about the nightmares that other women have been through during their pregnancies, my wife thanks me for having found her that room, because compared to those stories, her experience was a lot more smooth; except for the obvious discomfort that comes with pregnancy!

M

MarriedGal

I am not sure about the laws relating to pain medication. I know that it is illegal to be taking it on a regular basis, but I thought that you were supposed to get pain medication if you were in terrible pain and would have to wait for some before being tended to!

I took my wife to this hospital when she had kidney stones and was surprised by the amount of time they kept her waiting, without even giving her any pain killers! I hate having to watch my wife go through any sort of pain even for shortest amount of time, and she was just laying there crying out for help. Since there was not much that I could do, I had to depend on the hospital staff to take care of her, which they did not really do. All they kept telling her was that the doctor would be right with her, and that she would have to wait for a few minutes.

If you are looking for a hospital that will take good care of you when you are not feeling too well, I would suggest that you go to another hospital. The service here is awful.

S

SharSabi

Have you every heard of somebody being rejected service at a hospital?! I mean, I get that people can get mad sometimes, but treating patients horribly and basically kicking them out is totally uncalled for. When I went in with my son to get some routine checkups done, the woman assisting me with my forms (who was clearly not having the best day) started talking to me in a very rude manner. When I pointed that out to her, she said that I was being very impolite, and asked my son and I to leave. If you think that things like this do not happen, trust me, they do! This is the worst hospital I have ever been to!

Gradi

Gradi

My sister works as a nurse here, and I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the people were around here. Every time I visit them, be it for medical attention or to visit my sister, I have always come across patients who are satisfied with the medical attention they are receiving at this hospital. So far, I am yet to hear about or see the kind of sub-par treatment that a lot of people talk about. Personally, every time I have gotten treatment from here, the medical staff have been great to me!

Kris

Kris

My family has been going to this hospital for any of our medical needs, and we have been very pleased with their service so far. We have been there for everything ranging from my wife’s pregnancy, to our son’s minor health issues, to his sprains and bruises. I have been going to this hospital even before I met my wife, which is why I can say with absolute certainty that they have a great group of doctors, nurses, and staff working there!

When we went there for my wife’s pregnancy because her friend recommended it, and we were not disappointed! The nurses did absolutely everything they could to make my wife feel comfortable, and they help me stay calm at a time when I was clearly very scared! I feel like as you as you are cooperative with them, they will be able to serve you better. They get my stamp of approval.

sbatz1972

sbatz1972

I don’t know what all the fuss is about! I have only been to this hospital once, but they treated me very nicely. I was taken to the emergency room because I had sprained my ankle playing soccer. They did not keep me waiting for too long, and the nurses and the doctor were very nice to me. They took very good care of me and talked to me the whole time to keep my mind of my sprain, so that I would not focus on the pain. They have got a great team over there.

llamacycle

llamacycle

Was taken to this hospital when I broke my nose, and they did not keep me waiting for too long! This is actually saying something because if anybody reading this has broken a bone before, they know how each second feels like an hour! They tended to me immediately and were very nice to me throughout the whole process. I even became friends with one of the nurses there!