PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for El Camino Hospital located in 2500 GRANT ROAD - Mountain View, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
2500 GRANT ROAD
City
MOUNTAIN VIEW
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
SANTA CLARA
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Hospital District or Authority
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
14 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
4 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
51 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
325 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
64%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.1%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.4%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
4.2%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.8%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.2%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.3%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.3%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Significantly netter than the National Rate
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
AverIE

AverIE

The service at El Camino is pretty cool. I like how they check you in super fast, you get your vitals checked immediately, then they explain what the treatment is going to be like- for me, all this happened within a span of 30 minutes alone. Then after 20 minutes, I was called in for the treatment. I really liked El Camino for their efficiency, something a lot of hospitals lack today. The ER is also really nice, it’s like an in-and-out procedure of 3-4 hours, max. Other hospitals out there ought to learn something from this practice. Shout out to all the lovely nurses and amazing doctors here.

S

slapstick

I am so upset that as I type this review, I can literally feel the fumes leave my ears. I feel that all RNs and MDs need to be replaced by other human beings with some compassion. That’s right- first learn the basic quality every medical professional requires, and then come back. The RNs and MDs who helped me with my treatment were despicable, to say the least. All they care about is money. They clearly have no compassion for the patients.

Kingsley

Kingsley

When your doc tells you that you need 4 surgeries done back-to-back, it’s never a fun story, or a fun experience. I was a little skeptical about this hospital from the beginning- I mean, I don’t really trust reviews 100%, but there ARE some BAD reviews for El Camino. But what can I say, my experience was just amazing! The staff were all super supportive, and not one of them was rude to me. I’ve heard stories about how some patients are neglected, and I think, is that even possible in this hospital?

In fact, if anything, the team tending to my needs was extra nice (like, annoyingly nice LOL). Not just the nice part, they kept my room and surroundings very clean. They emptied the trash regularly, changed the sheets, and cleared off my food tray as soon as I was done. I wondered why they were so nice to me, despite the fact that I was constantly pressing the call button.

I also move a lot in my sleep, which kept setting off the IV machine and they had to keep coming in to check on me during odd hours at night. Still, they had no complaints and ALWAYS SMILED. My room was super large, well furnished and had all the latest movies available for me to watch. I felt like this was the kind of treatment kings got, and decided to make use of it. And for everyone bad mouthing El Camino, go find another medical practice to pick on. They were nothing but sweet to me, and I’m sure they are the same to everyone.

G

gavin

I had a rather short stay at the Interventional Radiology department and it was tremendous. The amount of dedication and work put in by the physicians is amazing. Loved the service.

Catalina

Catalina

Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I had to transfer my prenatal care to El Camino when I was 30 weeks in. There’s a lot to be said about the services here, but I shall not get into that, because I’m sure many people will cover that. One part I see untouched by many reviews is the billing and financial department. Back in my previous hospital, the financial counselor did everything in his control to keep us informed. In fact, he met with us at 10 weeks and then at 20 weeks to give us a rough budget of the expenses we’d have to take, and everything that would be covered by the insurance. In fact, he even answered a lot of my silly questions and gave me a lot of knowledge about insurance coverage. They were very organized, and to be honest, I miss them so much.

But now onto El Camino- My OB doctor handed me this document about some insurance thing that confused me, so I called up the billing department at El Camino. The financial counselor there gave me information and then when I called them back later, another financial counselor gave me information that was so different from the first one. In fact, I wrote down both the expenses they talked about and there was a difference of about $2400. All this, for a normal delivery, by the way—nothing outrageously expensive or anything. When I went to the hospital’s billing department the next day, they told me that an estimate could not be provided this early on. HOW CRAZY IS THAT?

They then said that if I was billed a crazy amount, I could come in and try to get some sort of a discount. More than anything else, I was just annoyed by how unorganized they were. Three different financial counselors gave me three different answers, all from the same office, and all at rather high posts- this is unacceptable. I’ve never had a more stressful experience with hospital bills, and since I am going through this pregnancy on my own, I have enough on my plate. So, I thought this nice, long post would splash some wake into the department of finance and billing at El Camino, because it’s about time you guys rolled up your socks and got some improvements done. Oh, and also- no sort of consolation for all the running around and the numerous phone calls I had to make? Disgusting.

E

ephemeral

Holler at my girls, Sarah, Kristin and Cheryl, the three most amazing nurses at El Camino, who became my good friends during my short stay as an inpatient. They are literally the most selfless human beings you will ever meet in your life. Couldn’t be more grateful for them and their service.

Flowery

Flowery

The nurses here are the sweetest, especially one Ms. Guelder. I remember the night before my surgery, I was asked not to consume anything liquid or solid after midnight.
I tried eating at 8 but was super nervous about the surgical procedure the next day, so decided to skip dinner and slept. I was woken up at 11:45 by Ms. Guelder, who came to me with broth and water. I almost cried. She had no reason to do that, it was the most thoughtful thing anyone had ever done for me.
And since I didn’t really have anyone but my boyfriend to check up on me a couple of hours, she knew how much I needed that act of kindness. This made me think of the level of empathy nurses and doctors have towards patients at El Camino. When I left, Ms. Guelder wheeled me all the way to my boyfriend’s car and said she would always remember me. I think this hospital deserves a 6-star rating.