Top Pulmonary Hospital Low Cost Duke Raleigh Hospital Raleigh NC (Complication Rates) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Duke Raleigh Hospital located in 3400 WAKE FOREST RD - Raleigh, NC. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
3400 WAKE FOREST RD
City
RALEIGH
State
NC
ZIP Code
County
WAKE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
8 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
350 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
62%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
7%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.4%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
12.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
16.8%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.9%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
C

charlise

So happy with my surgery here. After much speculation I finally decided to go ahead with the spinal fusion that my doctor has been begging me to get for months now. I am dead scared of needles and the word surgery so I never wanted to. But finally did. The surgery was conducted by a true dream team that worked so hard at helping me, not just with the surgery but recovery and mental stability after. It was a real treat coming here and if I have any other medical procedures to get done it’ll be here.

littlemisspiggy

littlemisspiggy

Staff here is non responsive to anything you say, they will only do as they please. don’t care a peep about the patients especially if they’re in pain. A few weeks ago my peripheral neuropathy was getting worse so my PCP recommended that I go to a neurologist in Duke Raleigh an old colleague of his who had won multiple accolades in the field. I booked an appointment the first time and told them I wanted to check out the place before locking it down.

They are so sneaky- that one day they treated me like a princess and took me around everywhere and assigned the nicest nurses to help me. After that I decided to go ahead with the treatment and every day since has been a nightmare. My peripheral neuropathy makes the tingling in my fingers and feet extremely inconvenient for me to sleep at night and this was one of my main issues. When I told this to the doctor he said once the medication began it’d all be okay.

2 weeks passed by and the symptoms were getting worse. I was having restless leg syndrome which was new, never had that before. I complained to the doctor and he made it seem like I was expecting a miracle in a day. I just told him that new symptoms were arising and I was scared. He said continue the medication and it’ll be fine in a few days. But I left there and went back to my PCP and asked him to find me another practice because the doctor here is insane. He definitely wanted me to develop more conditions like that instead of finding a permanent solution. Still shocked beyond words.

cornucopia

cornucopia

A hospital that is meant for creating zombies. That’s what it is.
I still can’t figure out how it happened but it seemed like they were trying to kill my sister in law.
She had kidney failure and was put on dialysis. Yet every single thing they did post that showed they didn’t care a bit for her.
Fine, don’t care for her, at least don’t kill her. They gave her MRSA- and for people in a weak state of kidney failure should not be given that.
I felt weird about it so I called my dad’s PCP and he told me that was not good.
And the worst part is that this is just the tip of the ice berg…

R

RaNgEr

They should all be given training on “how to treat patients 101” because let’s face it, no one at this hospital knows a thing about humanity. My wife who has been having seizures for hours now was going through a lot. Took her to the er and when we tried to check her in they looked at her and claimed she was faking. How exactly do people FAKE SEIZURES? Very disappointed, have no words.

A

amin2

This hospital is not what it was 2 years ago. Things have changed for the better, it’s nice and spacious, very clean, cleaner than the last time I was here. Talked to some employees, apparently they upgrade it every few years. Good!

CoNnIe McCoY

CoNnIe McCoY

My father almost died at this hospital. And I blame Duke Raleigh 100%. They deserve to be shut down, all the employees deserve to be out of jobs because of how incompetent they are. My father has stage 4 cancer and was undergoing chemo. We all know how bad chemo can get towards the end and he was struggling a lot.

It was difficult to see him in that condition. But during the chemo he had a bad reaction to something *the doctors are being very shady about not revealing too much to us in case we sue them* and we still don’t know what.

But he had to be rushed to the ER and we were shocked. Even as we went there we had to wait a good 1.5-2 hours before the nurse finally came out and gestured us to come inside. I was bawling at this point because my father was stone cold and not looking good at all.

The doctor actually asked me to shut up when I was crying! Can you believe that? I went outside and waited there and after 3 hours of waiting in the er they finally gave him a Tylenol for the fever he’d developed over waiting.

NiKhIl

NiKhIl

They don’t know what customer service should be like I was being advised the whole time they don’t even allow you to speak will interrupt you and ask random questions that have no relation with the subject I booked an appointment and they asked for when and for what but evn before that they ask me my name and insurance before anything else it’s obvious they only care about money