PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Delnor Community Hospital located in 300 RANDALL RD - Geneva, IL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
300 RANDALL RD
City
GENEVA
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
KANE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
18 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
4 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
38 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
244 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
65%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
4%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.7%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.6%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.3%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.4%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.4%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.8%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Brad

Brad

I don’t think Delnor is the most ideal place for someone going through chemo. The CT scans especially are hellacious, to say the least. I normally get my CT scans done elsewhere, but this time, it was an emergency and I didn’t have any other choice but to get it done at Delnor. OMG, they make you chug down a tub of chalk water with nothing else to wash it down with. It has the worst after taste, and I was so angry because it made me nauseous. For someone going through chemo, nausea is something that follows you through the whole process, so I didn’t need another reason to feel this way. I wish I’d just left and gotten the scan done some other time, but I couldn’t. But I will NEVER go back to Delnor for a CT scan, that’s for sure.

M

marcus1

When I had to take my father to the ER at Delnor, I really had the most difficult time deciding whether I admired their appreciation towards the employees, or hated them for not taking care of my father at the right time. So, my sister and I flew in from Atlanta to surprise our dad for Christmas. He really is the biggest fluff of marshmallow and we’d been busy with work throughout the year, so decided to stay for a week with him. He was super psyched to see us and started running around, whipping us with childhood treats that we admired.

To our horror, we heard a thump on the second day, in the kitchen floor and ran to see our father shaking violently on the floor and we immediately called an ambulance. They took us to Delnor and the ER team suspected he had had a stroke. We were so nervous, but kept our cool to look strong in front of our father. They performed a CT scan but later on said an echocardiogram would also be needed, along with an MRI. We were okay with that, just as long as they did it quickly and we were able to find out what was wrong with my father.

But, you’ll never believe this, they did NOTHING. That day, they said it was Christmas eve, so they couldn’t call in the tech staff to get the MRI or echocardiogram- which was shocking. The next day, I couldn’t keep quiet because this was just outrageous. I called the doctor and demanded that he call the staff and get the task done. He said he would try and called them up, but apparently to no avail. Oh, I’m sorry, you work at the hospital, are you really allowed to switch off your phones for the holidays? Such a load of bull, I tell you. If you don’t want to call in the staff, that’s a whole other story, but don’t lie to my face.

So basically, they were okay with not having the staff come in, but were totally okay with my poor father lying on a hospital bed, living off of the pathetic IV and spending his Christmas in this really sad hospital. This was just the rudest thing I’d ever experienced in my whole life. And to think they treated my father like that, who’s literally the nicest person you’ll ever meet. Anyway, later on, my sister and I were discussing, and it made sense to us how easily they were trying to scam us with insurance fraud. Think about it- they will easily charge 2 days of inpatient charges to Medicare, even though they did absolutely nothing. There really is no hope for this country.

T

Thea

The maternity ward at Delnor reeks of professionalism and is suitable to all couples who are going through first-time pregnancies. They take care of EVERYTHING. They answer whatever questions you have (even the weird/silly ones) with utmost care. They make sure to check up on you at random times in the day, just to make sure you’re taking your vitamins and everything. I love how our OB sort of became part of our family towards the end, having been such an important part of this pregnancy. Loved it.

Kackish

Kackish

Delnor was our second preference for us when it came to the Delivery unit, and we’d only checked it out once before, so were a little skeptical about the service. But honestly, I don’t think we would’ve had a better experience anywhere else. Everything was perfect, right from the staff at the reception, all the way to our amazing OB/Gyn who literally did everything within his power to make me feel extremely comfortable through the delivery.

The rooms were clean 24x7 and had good lighting. The nurses were extremely vigilant and always had backup ice chips ready for the mother. The OB kept checking in on me every 15 minutes to see how far I’d come along. Not just me, but they checked on my husband as well who couldn’t bare to see all that blood, so said he would wait outside. The delivery was very timely, very organized, and dare I say it, neater than I’d expected (HAHA). Very impressed with the service here.

L

Lora

After a grueling couple of days in the ER, I was finally asked to get knee surgery done. As it is I’d been in the ER for 2 days, just waiting for a prognosis. The place can get pretty crowded, so there’s no telling when you’re out of there. Either way, the operation was a raging success- everything went well and on time. The nurses, therapists and of course, the amazing surgeons did everything to ensure I didn’t feel the pain and was brought back in shape in no time. Owe these people my life. Thank you all for your help.

N

NoraK

How incompetent are the doctors- this is a serious, genuine question directed at the physician who literally diagnosed my daughter with flu even though she had pneumonia! Can you believe that? Just yesterday, my daughter was showing all signs of flu- I’ll give you that. And I may have told the doctors too, that it seemed like she had the flu.

But that doesn’t mean you listen to the patient’s mother and not actually perform your own tests? They put her on IV that night and said she could go home this morning, and they sent us with flu medicine for my child.

Later on that day, I called the family doctor who had a look at her and instantly said it wasn’t the flu. He said we go to another hospital and he came with us. There, they diagnosed that my poor daughter had pneumonia. By this time, the pneumonia had gotten so much worse, thanks to the flu tablets and she had to be rushed to the ER.

She was throwing up like crazy and could barely breath. I bawled my eyes out the whole day today, thinking I may have just let her die, if I hadn’t thought of calling our family doctor in a jiff. I believe there’s no reason for this hospital to stay up and running – it needs to be shut down and I am working towards it.

PeterJ

PeterJ

The same day surgery department is literally the coolest place to be in the hospital. Not just the staff, but the volunteers- they are all the stars of this department and I think they are seriously underappreciated, considering the amount of work and the number of hours they put in. Not only are they super competent, they are very helpful, friendly, and generally sweet. They kept us informed about the surgery they were to perform on our daughter and kept us in the loop 24x7. Very nice.