High Cost Davis Hospital and Medical Center Layton UT (Complication Rates) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Davis Hospital And Medical Center located in 1600 WEST ANTELOPE DRIVE - Layton, UT. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1600 WEST ANTELOPE DRIVE
City
LAYTON
State
UT
ZIP Code
County
DAVIS
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
12 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
211 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
61%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
11%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14.6%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
14.1%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
16%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.5%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3.5%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
S

Stale Milk

I was travelling on this route and out of the blue, I developed sharp abdominal pain. And it was not just me, even my husband had a mild pain in his stomach. I guess it had something to do with the food we ate that afternoon.

We did not know anyone in the area but while we were driving down, we saw Davis Hospital and thought we could get could get ourselves checked in the ER of this hospital. And I am so glad we took that decision.

We entered the place and we were greeted by all smiling faces. Every single person who was present in the hospital during that time were sweet to us and were committed to helping us out.

The doctors were really efficient; they ordered for the blood work as well as the CT and the results were very soon given to us as well. The whole hospital functions like a well-oiled machine; smooth without any glitches. The doctor even gave us tips on what one should and should not eat in order to avoid episodes like these. As we had expected, it was a minor case pf food poisoning and we were relieved to know that.

It is a terrible thing to fall sick while you are travelling far from home but Davis Hospital was a blessing to us.

GaRrIsOn

GaRrIsOn

All these days, I only heard and read bad things about Davis Hospital and I always avoided making visits to this place. But once I got so sick that I had to step inside this hospital. I somehow drove to Davis and was hell scared driving any further because I was really sick and worried that it would be dangerous to drive any further.

An array of bad thoughts were running in my mind and I thought nothing would go right but then I was proved wrong. I had a much different experience from what I thought it would be.

I had heard that nurses and doctors here are rude to their patients but when I had an encounter, I could see that they truly cared for their patients and were compassionate.

I was taken very good care of at this hospital and things were very quick and effective.

Thank you Davis; thank you each and every one who took care of me.

Rebeka

Rebeka

I had one of the worst medical experiences of my life here. I cut my hand deep by mistake and blood was flowing all around like water in a river. I somehow managed to get it under control at home and I knew I couldn’t handle the situation alone. So, I drove to Davis Medical Center.

Since my case required immediate attention, I expected someone to take a good look at me when I went in. But the ER nurses were busy chatting with one another that they said they were busy and I will have to wait. I don’t know how people can lie to you on your face. I could very well see that they
had no patient to take care of and there was just one more person with me in the ER and still they said I will have to wait because they were busy.

I think it is better to go to a veterinary clinic than come here. They could definitely give you better treatment and care.

Quincey

Quincey

The place is horrible. It totally depends on their mood if they will treat you well or not. If you can pay through your nose and even give them donations, they will treat you like a king but if you are someone who can simply afford medical treatment, they will end up treating you like a beggar.

I don’t know what’s so great about this hospital that people prefer to go there. The day I went here, I saw that the place was all dirty and unkempt. There was an inch of dust on the panels and it looked as if the hospital was not mopped in weeks. And not to mention, the strange weird odor that filled the entire place.

If you ask me, even if you are no sick in the first place, you could end up falling sick once you visit this place. You needn’t even be admitted here; the mere sight of the filth can make your stomach churn.

G

genuine_Rum

I have volunteered in this hospital for 9 years now and I know the place has had its share of bad days but they are long gone in the past. I have a hell lot of experience with hospitals and depending on that, let me tell you – this place is a safe haven for patients for the doctors and the nurses know what exactly they are doing.

Every single employee who works here is helpful and patient care is their topmost priority. I might be sounding biased to you but let me tell you, I say all this because I have seen it happen right in front of my eyes.

You can trust your life with the doctors and nurses who work here; they are totally committed to what they do.

B

BrIdGeTtE

We had our baby here last week and by God’s grace and the professionalism shown by the doctors and nurses, we had a phenomenal experience here. No matter how much, I praise the nurses for their love, care, attention and hard work, it still doesn’t seem enough. They deeply touched my heart with their down to earth qualities and exceptional medical skills.

Icing on the cake – the cafeteria serves awesome food. I was under a lot of stress because my wife had complications during her delivery and food was the only thing that made me feel slightly better and took my mind off the worries. They have different types of cuisine and what they serve is decent and delicious enough when you compare them to many other hospitals.

Subhan

Subhan

I strongly feel that the good reviews that people like about this place is all made up and fabricated. How can one feel good at such a god forsaken crappy place which hasn’t even been cleaned in ages!!!!!!!

The place does not maintain any hygiene standards and it should be shut down at the earliest for the same. I seriously don’t understand what makes people sing praises about such a dirty and unclean place.