Top Heart Hospital Low Cost Crestwood Medical Center (Huntsville, AL) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Crestwood Medical Center located in ONE HOSPITAL DR SE - Huntsville, AL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
ONE HOSPITAL DR SE
City
HUNTSVILLE
State
AL
ZIP Code
County
MADISON
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
31 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
5 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
78 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
317 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
61%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
11%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.4%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
12.6%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.6%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9.7%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.5%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3.4%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Gauge

Gauge

Crestwood Medical Center at Huntsville is a gem. I mean I have never seen a medical center that has the right people at right places in almost every single place. You enter the hospital; a beaming front desk takes enough efforts to settle you down and then get the paperwork done. If you want to visit the ER, then the exceptional staff at the ER are there to take good care of you. They do not create any fuss and go on with their jobs. When it comes to nutrition, the food is excellent. I think I might have gained a few pounds by eating this wonderful food. The housekeeping department is also manned by wonderful and professional staff. The nurses on the floor are knowledgeable, professional and courteous and always ready to help. The same goes for the MDs.

I was in this hospital due to severe dehydration and other related ailments and the one week that I stayed here was unbelievable. The care which they provided was amazing. They also relayed my health updates to my family members regularly, which helped to settle down their nerves. Thanks to the wonderful team at Crestwood, I recovered very quickly from what seemed to be a very severe ailment. I am happy with my stay at Crestwood. I pray that I never revisit any hospital, but if I have to do, then this is the place.

I forgot one important department – billing. Billing for my stay here was a breeze. They took care of everything, and there was not even a single error from their side, which is quite amazing.

Thank you, Crestwood!!!

S

skinbear

Had MRI and subsequent back surgery at Crestwood a few years back. My surgery was done by Dr. Freudenberger (I think from Sports Med). Overall, it was a good experience. Great staff, assistants, nurses, and doctors. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. My ortho has said that I might need another surgery on my back (at a different place). If indeed that is the case, then I am coming back to Crestwood again.

F

fopdoodle

Crestwood Medical Center is a very nice facility with wonderful staff. I had an appointment with Dr. Bradley Rice and was blown away by his manners. He was very courteous; professional, seemed to care for his patients genuinely. He did not rush me. The one thing which I liked about the facility was time management. I had thought that my appointment might be delayed, but guess what – It was on time!

A

adrianna77

I am done with this center for good. The medical center does not know how to treat its patients. My tolerance levels have hit the ceiling. I am forced to come to this place just because my kind doctor keeps sending me to this shithole for my annual mammograms. The hospital is privately owned so the primary motive for them is to make profits…patient welfare takes a backseat here.

These people have a central scheduling number for scheduling an appointment. I called this number thrice, and each time, I was kept on hold and later on transferred to a voice mailbox. Not even once was I able to talk with a real human being. I cannot keep on doing this forever. Just before writing this review, I called them and was again transferred to the voice mailbox. These idiots do not even reply back. I have checked my phone, and it is working fine, so they cannot say that they called and nobody answered. I am tired of playing phone tag! I will ask my PCP to send me to a different center and if she does not budge, I will change my PCP, but I would not be coming to this shithole ever again.

A

aston

The staff at the Crestwood Medical Center are great and very friendly. They are ever ready to help. I do not have any issues with these guys. The only problem is with the center. These guys are expanding, and that is a great thing, but they seem to forget one primary thing – parking. I regularly visit this hospital but the parking here makes me really nervous. Two to three times, I had to park at the other end of the building and walk all the way to my appointment, a big issue for an asthma patient.

The center also offers valet parking, but I have not seen anybody there. No matter how many times I have complained to the management, it seems to fall on deaf ears. I feel that either they do not have any solutions to this problem or just do not want to address these issues. If I did not need to come here again, I would not visit this hospital again.

J

jacuzzi

My father underwent outpatient surgery a few days back. Everything was organized and the whole procedure was done very professionally. The staff was caring and friendly. He felt comfortable here. Thank you, Crestwood for taking good care of my father.

M

Menace

My husband was admitted for a week in the Crestwood Oncology Department. He had excellent care, and the nurses and the doctors were great. They were thorough and kept everybody in the loop. Not even for a moment did we think that they were lying to us. We would highly recommend this wonderful hospital to anyone.

ryanreynolds

ryanreynolds

I underwent surgery here. The place does not have anything terrible, but it does not have anything extraordinary also. I would not recommend this hospital. The hospital has a lot of minute things that need improvement. If these minor things are fixed up then this hospital can attract a lot more patients.