PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Coral Gables Hospital located in 3100 DOUGLAS RD - Coral Gables, FL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
3100 DOUGLAS RD
City
CORAL GABLES
State
FL
ZIP Code
County
MIAMI-DADE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
24 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
3%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
17 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
64 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
281 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
68%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
14%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.3%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
9.1%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.6%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.5%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.3%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.3%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
I

ili104

I was hospitalized at Coral Gables for 2 weeks and more than anything else, it is the way I was treated that I can never forget. I can’t thank the hospital staff enough for the way they have taken care of me. I was treated like a very important person or rather a celebrity and all my demands were fulfilled instantly by the hospital staff.

I have been admitted to 2 other hospital previously on a few other occasions but never have I ever been given such a royal treatment. I wanted my food to be extremely hot; it was done, I didn’t want to share my room with anyone else; that too was done, I wanted my room to be cleaned thrice in a day before I took my meals; that was done too.

Moreover, each one of their staffs who I had a chance to interact with put up with my fussy nature and catered to my needs in a very loving manner. Not even once did their face wrinkle because of my demanding nature. Plus, they patiently answered all my questions. I wouldn’t stop asking this and that and they very patiently and lovingly answered all my questions.

I am a very anxious individual by nature and even though I troubled them with queries one after the other, they handled me and my anxieties wonderfully well. I couldn’t have asked for more from any hospital or their staff. They made me feel good about myself those two weeks.

G

Gozmit

I can’t help but appreciate the outstanding service I was given at Coral Gables. I was floored seeing the way they deal with things. The hospital staff to my surprise were the most well organized staff I had ever encountered in my life. They are highly professional and know what they need to do. There is absolutely no confusion and things are handled really well.

This is one of the best hospitals I have seen and nothing like this place I have seen when it comes to care and facilities they provide the patients. I am not going anywhere else neither am I taking my family elsewhere. This hospital is the best!

hadley

hadley

My uncle was hospitalized here. This place is a miniature heaven for all patients. When I walked in here and saw my uncle being taken care of so well, I couldn’t believe for sometime that I was actually in a hospital to visit him. Thereafter I became a regular visitor to my uncle and went to meet him whenever I could.

People who work there are well-trained in treating people well; they are sweet, compassionate and caring to the care. Even the security staff are adept in doing their duties, unlike I have seen in many other places, not just the hospitals.
In case of a patient, the people who matter to him the most in a hospital where he is admitted are the doctors and the nurses. I had a chance to interact with the doctor under who my uncle was taking the treatment and also the team of nurses who was responsible for taking care of him. They were highly professional in their attitude but at the same time showed a lot of warmth, attention and devotion while doing their duty. People at Coral

Gables are determined to get their work done and do it in the most efficient manner possible.

M

Mercedes

Loved their cleanliness but food could get better

If you ask me, the best about this hospital, the one I liked is their cleanliness. Everything is spick and span at this place and there is no room for any dirt, dust or muck. I really don’t know how they do it but they have kept the entire place wonderfully well. Their parking lots were well maintained too.

The staff are efficient in delivering their duties too but I felt they could be a little more courteous when they speak.
And something else I did not like about the hospital was their cafeteria food. I am not sure why things have gone horribly wrong in that area. I ordered a salad and pastry when I visited one of my relatives who was admitted there. Both the items turned out to be horribly made. I think the hospital management should look into the cafeteria matters real soon and take measures to improve things there. If that too is taken care of, then the hospital deserves a 4.5 star rating at least.

Hope something is done real soon.

D

diya

The place had ample parking that too free, clean and well-maintained. Everything in and around the hospital was well-maintained and clean. I was visiting a friend here at this hospital and the security at the entrance was polite and gave me clear cut directions to my friend’s room. My friend’s room was all clean and neat and the nurses ensured that it was maintained that way the whole day.

My friend too gave a good opinion about the hospital and was very happy the way all the staff, especially the nurses treated him and took care of him. I grabbed a quick bite and a coffee from the cafeteria and I found the food to be much better than what they usually have at hospital cafeterias. I like the place and if I have to be in a hospital someday, I would prefer to be here.

Bouke285

Bouke285

ER department - no good

I live close by to this hospital and one evening I had to rush my mother here because she started complaining of a weird pressure on her chest. Being a nurse myself, I wondered if it was the beginning of a stroke and I wanted to get her blood pressure checked right away which is why instead of taking her to the hospital where I worked, I took her here. There was a blonde lady in the ER. Even though I explained the situation to her, she seemed to not care at all for my mom. All I wanted was, her blood pressure to be measured and the ER lady rudely told me that it would take 4 hours for it to be done.

As a nurse myself, I simply could not stand their attitude and I regret that I made the mistake of trusting the hospital that was right next to where I am put up. The staff here seriously need to undergo an attitude transformation and also a good training on how to treat fellow human beings in times of need. Shame on the hospital authorities and shame on the nursing staff working there.