PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Concord Hospital located in 250 PLEASANT ST - Concord, NH. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
250 PLEASANT ST
City
CONCORD
State
NH
ZIP Code
County
MERRIMACK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
34 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
3%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
67 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
341 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
71%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
6%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14.1%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
12.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.8%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.6%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.2%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.8%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
C

cabrannon

The healthcare at Concord is of high quality. You won’t get an argument from me on that, they have some of the best, top notch doctors and RNs here, they double check all their work (even the most qualified doctors) which is the most reassuring. Since I am a doctor myself, I can tell you HOW important it is to double check EVERYTHING you do. It is so easy to make a silly mistake. Also, a shout out to the transport team, they do an excellent job and are so underappreciated.

sammy22

sammy22

The orthopedics department is straight up awesome. I remember having a hip surgery done here last year and I was happy with my doctors and surgeons. Everyone treated me with just the right amount of kindness, compassion, sympathy, and nothing went wrong. The recovery was also speedy (speedier than I’d anticipated) and the therapists were very competent and sweet. But what I liked most about it was that everyone was so young- there’s something reassuring about this, believe me. It was also relatively new at the time (I think they’d renovated it) and everything looked nice and shiny. Great appeal!

S

Sar@.n

Everyone has different experiences at hospitals and it’s totally okay to write your honest review about them. But one thing I’ll never agree with and don’t want people to judge this hospital based on those reviews is that Concord is “snobby”. After checking a few reviews on Yelp, I noticed there were many that were negative and saying horrendous things about this hospital and even though I don’t normally post reviews about anything, I knew I had to speak up, because this hospital has been straight up amazing to me every single time.

I was taken to the ER for the first time in my life a year ago and it was to Concord. I’d never been before, I’m not much of a hospital person to begin with, but I was unconscious for a good 10 minutes, so my friends called an ambulance. When I woke up, I was on a stretcher, at the ER with a nurse looking at me while filling out some form. I was totally frazzled and felt like it was a dream, but she did an amazing job at calming me down and explaining what had happened. I noticed there was a bump on my head (fell down onto the kitchen floor) and she was icing the bump. Talk about efficiency.

Even though there was no major issues (except keeping my blood pressure on check), the doctors and nurses made me feel extremely comfortable and how do you say this, “special”? It was like I was being treated like a queen, at a really busy hospital. They have plenty of patients who really deserve medical attention, so the fact that they actually treated me the way they did was surprising, but hey, I’m not complaining one bit. Don’t want to admit this, but it was actually a really nice hospital experience, even though no one has good hospital experiences.

I had to come in for some checkups after that, I’ve been here thrice after my ER experience and all three times were amazeballs. Not one person was rude or hostile, the doctors recognized me and were very friendly, the nurses were very efficient and kind as well, and even the housekeepers, security guards…everyone was just so darned nice that I had started recommending this hospital to all my friends and family. So, believe me when I say this: don’t believe everything you see. Especially reviews. I would say, you go check it out for yourself because everyone has different opinions and experiences.

L

loulou

While the medical staff are surprisingly good at Concord, I have a bone to pick with the billing department at Concord. Literally thought of waiting for another week before writing this review but at this point, I’m fuming and can hold it in no longer. They have made three mistakes on my statement, have billed my insurance company TWICE for one treatment, and have sent me various bills separately (that they claim are not to go through the insurance company) and many other factual errors that I cannot believe an established hospital like Concord can even afford to make.

velma

velma

Had been to Catholic Medical center and they misdiagnosed me with pneumonia- can you believe it? I was mortified and am so glad that I didn’t continue with the treatment because my home doctor recommended I get a second opinion elsewhere (he was out of town). So I went to Concord, where my sister is actually a nurse practitioner. Here, they told me that I did NOT have pneumonia and that they were surprised someone would actually falsely diagnose me with something as serious as that.

All in all, my experience here was crazy good- the staff are super friendly, they will literally sit and laugh with you all you want, as long as you’re comfortable with it, and one of them even tuck me into bed a couple of nights because I’d bruised an arm. The doctors are a little less “friendly” (so to speak) but they are also very smart, know exactly what they are doing and explain EVERYTHING- literally, everything they are going to do, going to give you. It is very thorough and efficient. I’m not just saying this because my sister works here, but Concord should be a place everyone goes to because they are just that good. I can vouch for this 100%- they are worth the wait.

shelly15

shelly15

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. A few years ago, concord was on point- they were the best of the best and now, fast forward 10 years and they are screwing up so bad. Whether it’s the horrendous billing department, or the over worked doctors, I don’t even know where to begin. All I can say is that they need to check themselves before calling them “an established medical practice”.