Pain Med Friendly Community Hospital (Oklahoma City, OK) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Community Hospital located in 3100 SOUTHWEST 89TH STREET - Oklahoma City, OK. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
3100 SOUTHWEST 89TH STREET
City
OKLAHOMA CITY
State
OK
ZIP Code
County
OKLAHOMA
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Physician
Emergency Department Volume
low
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
23 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
0%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
8 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
36 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
188 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
5.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
79%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
4%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.6%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
M

Mag

I had undergone a hip replacement surgery at Community Hospital. I have no words to state the wonderful care and service offered by the hospital. The two campuses of the hospital are situated at ideal locations and no wonder there is always a rush at both the locations. My surgery was done by a wonderful team back in 2017, and I have not had any issues with the hip since the surgery. The staff is very professional and pleasant. I would always prefer going to this hospital for any of my medical needs.

Lindsey

Lindsey

Terrible, filthy and most unprofessional staff ever – this summarizes Community Hospital at Oklahoma. The hospital despite its so-called modern equipment seems very outdated. I think going to this pathetic hospital was the biggest mistake of my life. The entire staff is very unprofessional and very rude to patients. The IV skill sets of the nurses are highly questionable. My right hand is still bruised after repeated poking. I am not sure how they are allowed to practice medicine. I am too shaken from the experience that I had here. Just unbelievable.

B

brylee

Emergencies, it is said, does not come during working hours or on weekdays. It invariably rears its head during the weekends.

Same was the case for me. My parents had gone for a walk when they did not see a slippery floor and slipped and injured themselves. My dad suffered a deep gash on his head while my mother had banged her head very badly and hurt her right arm and leg. They were rushed to nearest hospital ER which happened to be Community Hospital.

The ER team ushered them in and wasted no time in attending to them. The team cleaned the wound on my dad’s forehead and applied a few stitches and tape as a precautionary measure. They also give a plan of care to him. My mother was taken care of by another professional team. They made sure she did not suffer any internal damages to her head during the fall. Her right arm was put in a brace. Unfortunately, she had to undergo surgery for her right leg, which was done by a highly skilled and professional surgeon. The surgery was successful, and my parents were kept in the ER holding area for observation.

During the whole time, they kept me in the loop and also explained the entire treatment process to my wife when she went to meet my parents. We did the follow up here, and my parents were pleased with the treatment they got at this hospital. Community Hospital and its team deserves a big shout out. They would always be in our prayers.

H

Harry

I underwent a surgical procedure at this hospital on January 24, 2019. I would not be wrong if I said that this is the best hospital in the state of Oklahoma. The nurses are very nice, very friendly, highly skilled and very professional. The doctor who did my surgery has his office across the street. He was also wonderful and patient-friendly. I chose this hospital because I live only one mile away from this hospital and I must say that this was the best decision of my life. I would not hesitate even a bit to revisit this wonderful hospital in case of any medical needs!

hOLlie

hOLlie

Community Hospital is a wonderful hospital. The staff is highly skilled and very professional. They are caring, and friendly. The hospital itself is located at a very convenient location and is very neat and well-maintained. I was very impressed by the entire team. I underwent a procedure there, and my request for release for medical records was also handled very professionally. In fact, I got the records the same day evening. I must say, unlike other so-called great hospitals, the customer is given due importance here.

tub-thumper

tub-thumper

Visited the hospital in November last for a lumbar epidural. I have to say it was a very pleasant experience. I was early for my appointment and was really surprised to see the crowd in pain management waiting room. I started to think that this was going to take eons to complete. I was wrong! The super-efficient and very friendly staff got everybody’s paperwork done in time, and nobody felt rushed. The nurses were very professional and knew what they were doing. The doctor was also wonderful and had great bedside manners. He took extra care and precautions when he came to know that I had a fear of needles and would get panic attacks at the very sight of needles.

I am very happy that my neighborhood has such a wonderful hospital. I would be failing if I did not mention that there was not even a single soul in that waiting room who said they were dissatisfied with the services. Keep up the good work, guys.

L

Lorena

Avoid this hospital. I visited the Community Hospital ER with a case of bad flu. The entire staff was acting abnormal and were talking on the top of their voice. They were very rude to me and said that one should not visit hospitals for such a small issue. I waited in the ER for nearly four hours before I was seen. The on-call doctor was too busy and just wrote a script, and off he went. He did not even ask me any basic questions. I felt I should not have wasted my time here and gone to a hospital that really cares for its patients.

alaina

alaina

My fiancé underwent hip replacement surgery here. We have received nothing but top-notch care from this top-notch facility. The staff is very professional, highly skilled and know their way around here. I have been to the Community Hospital ER quite a few times and every time I have come back highly impressed. I would visit this hospital for all the healthcare needs of my family and me.