Top Neurology Hospital Low Cost Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula CA Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Community Hospital Of The Monterey Peninsula located in 23625 W R HOLMAN HIGHWAY - Monterey, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
23625 W R HOLMAN HIGHWAY
City
MONTEREY
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
MONTEREY
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
30 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
60 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
251 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
5.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
63%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
3%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.5%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
12%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.8%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.1%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.6%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.1%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3.2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
latour

latour

My father was recently taken to CHOMP (Community Hospital of The Monterey Peninsula) Emergency Room. From the moment we reached the hospital until he was discharged, we received exceptional care. The ED doctor was super quick and diagnosed my father as having severe abdominal distention (after a thorough check, of course). After providing initial care, he was shifted to the floor. The nurses and the doctor on the floor were also very cooperative and thanks to their prompt and wonderful care, my dad was released after spending two days in the hospital. The staff was also very courteous and answered all the questions without any hesitation. My review won't be complete without saying a word or two about the hospital. The hospital is wonderful, both inside and outside. I am happy that we have such a good medical facility at Monterey. I would highly recommend CHOMP for all your medical needs.

ozzie84

ozzie84

Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula is a very professional setup. My wife had gone to the emergency room with severe knee pain. The doctor while writing a script for pain medicine, had second thoughts and rechecked her knee and advised an immediate CAT scan. The scan revealed that there was reduced blood flow to the knee. He prescribed nonsurgical treatment and three months after the visit, my wife is now completely pain-free. Every time we have visited the hospital, the professional attitude has blown us away. From the front desk down to the nurses’ assistants, everybody is courteous, helpful and highly professional. Must say, they are doing a great job. I highly recommend this hospital.

A

Anon

The hospital building is good, and there is cleanliness everywhere. The staff is also knowledgeable, but this excludes the billing staff. Those guys are idiots and not worthy of employment in the hospital.

Three days back, I received a call from a collection agency stating that I owe around $1500 to CHOMP since I do not have any insurance coverage. I was like, “What the f&*k? I have Health Net and Medicare coverage and Humana also.” The person at the other end responded and said that she would get back after checking with the hospital. They sure did. The manager personally called up and said that the mix up was not from my end but from CHOMP’s end and this is now becoming a frequent issue.

I feel sad. Before Montage took over, this hospital was excellent. Once Montage took over the management, they have been screwing up things left, right and center. At this rate, I am 100% sure that there would be decreased footfalls at this hospital and that would be a very sad day for all of us.

A

albin

I recently had an abdominal procedure at CHOMP, and I have to say that the whole experience was great. Right from the moment I entered the hospital till the time I got discharged, I was in very good hands. The pre-op nurse was good and helped in lightening up the mood with some witty jokes. She helped in calming my nerves before surgery and was a regular visitor during my stay at the hospital. Other staff members were also very good, and they kept my mother in the loop. The discharge formalities were also a breeze. I 100% recommend this wonderful hospital!!

barry41

barry41

Fast, and efficient. This sums up the emergency room at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula. I went to the ER for a persistent cough, and the whole thing got over within half-an-hour. The front desk was quick and helped me settle down. I went to the ER where the ER nurse completed all the formalities (weight, temperature, etc.) ASAP. I was assigned a doctor in 5 minutes who did a thorough check and gave a script for cough decongestants. I was amazed by the efficiency and the speed with which the whole process was completed. I am very impressed by the hospital and the way the ER is handled here.

S

surfer22

My wife had to be rushed to Community Hospital with severe spasmodic cough and breathlessness. She was rushed to the ER while I rushed to park my car. I spent 30 minutes and must have circled the place at least thrice in search of a parking spot. I finally happened to find one at an outside parking lot. It is not that these guys do not have a parking garage. They have it, but they have closed it down, for cleaning purposes it seems. This is not the first time that this has happened. I had to face this issue thrice, and each time they gave an excuse for closing the garage. I fail to understand why the hospital parking garage cannot be cleaned either early in the morning or when there is less rush of patients.

J

junkie

I have to admit that I was a skeptic when I entered CHOMP. I had heard some awful reviews, so I was not sure whether I should even visit this hospital. But my sinus had flared up so badly that I had no other go but to visit the nearest hospital and this was it.

I visited the hospital, and the first thing that I noticed was the cleanliness of the place. Secondly, the hospital felt very inviting, and the staff had a big role to play in it. The receptionist did the entire initial work very quickly, and within no time was I wheeled into the ER where a lovely doctor checked me and suggested a CT to check the spread, and once that was done, she wrote the medicines, and I was away. The billing was also hassle-free. I would come back again to this hospital for my medical needs.

name

name

I was down with a high temperature and came to CHOMP for an emergency. While the ER, I met one of the sloppiest and forgetful nurses I have ever seen. The nurse spilled the iodine wash (can happen but it was the way she took the bottle and ended up spilling the iodine) and was least bothered to clean the mess. She drew the blood and kept those in the room without labeling it while going to the lab. The result, she ended up redrawing the blood and nearly forget it the second time, and I had to remind her to take the sample. The emergency area was horrible.

I ended up getting admitted to the intensive care unit. The experience here was the exact opposite of what I had at the emergency room. The nursing team and support staff were very professional and very caring. They were kind with my family members and kept my family in the loop. I was discharged earlier than the decided date due to the excellent care. I have no hesitation of recommending this hospital to all for any medical needs. Yes, the emergency room is a mess, but then we go to the emergency room only for the initial care, and in a serious case, one would anyways be admitted to the floor. Others departments were also very good.

faceless

faceless

I just had the most excellent medical care I have ever received. I was wheeled into the hospital with severe breathlessness, and I received exceptional care from beginning till the end. The ER doctor was very professional. I underwent a triage interview, medical exam and bloodwork, scans and follow-up consultation within a span of two hours. I was also given a pack of aftercare materials which would be required for sustaining my health over several days. Thanks to them, I was ready for work within three days. Great team!

T

tonton

CHOMP is the best hospital out there. The hospital offered a calming environment and coupled with a wonderful staff, the person would recover quickly. I have been a regular to this hospital, and I have observed the same, if not better, standards always. The medical team are very knowledgeable and must add that the nurses and the care staff have outstanding bedside care. I recommend this wonderful hospital!

G

GB

I am not sure if the above posters were talking about the same Community Hospital of The Monterey Peninsula that I go. Because if it is, then I do not see any positive thing about this place except for the wonderful architecture. The nursing team is pathetic and extremely rude. They treat you as if you have intruded into their space and are wasting their time. When it comes to answering your question, they turn dumb and either do not answer you correctly or behave as if you have not said a word to them. However, if it comes to talking with their co-workers, then the same nurses transform and become the most talkative people on planet Earth.

A sincere request to the CHOMP management---get a handle on your workers before they destroy the hospital’s reputation. Also, introduce a course of teaching them how to respect patients.