High Cost Community Hospital of San Bernardino CA Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Dignity Health Community Hospital of San Bernardino located in 1805 MEDICAL CENTER DRIVE - San Bernardino, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1805 MEDICAL CENTER DRIVE
City
SAN BERNARDINO
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
SAN BERNARDINO
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
15 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
537 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
54%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
12%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.5%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.7%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
coffeerule1980

coffeerule1980

I suffer from a critical illness due to which I was admitted in the telemetry unit of this hospital last year for a week. I received the best care and attention from all the technicians, nurses and the doctors. They were all at their best and I was treated excellently at the hospital.

They even made sure my family remained calm during this tough phase and gave them all the moral support they could. Every single person who took care of me was really helpful and there was never a delay in anything that I required.

I am not in favor of the location of the hospital but for the care I received here, I don’t mind coming to this part of the town. The saying, never judge a book by its cover holds absolutely true for this place.

A

avian

I accompanied my cousin brother to this place because of an emergency situation and all I saw the nurses doing were intimidating him to the core. He is terrified about needles and the nurse showed him a big needle and started telling him stories about how she started off with needles during her nursing days and how she and her classmates would have to poke each other multiple times to get it right!!

I could clearly see that my bro was intimidated listening to all this. And she was just making things worse by telling him all her stories from the past. I do not which reasonable and sound person would actually do that.

Definitely not professional in their attitude and I would never recommend one to even step into this place to have such unwanted experiences.

C

chrislynn

I am of the opinion that the staff who work here, especially the nurses have not been properly trained by the management on how they should behave with their patients. They should first arrange a few sessions to get that done because it is really important.

Additionally, all of them lack empathy and concern for their patients and I am not quite sure how good their skill set are. I noticed that most of them are always doubtful about what they should do and keep asking and clarifying with one another what’s the right thing to do.

I was greatly disturbed seeing all of that and I strongly feel one should never take their loved ones to a place like this. You never know what might go wrong!!

graceKnight

graceKnight

This place is way better than most hospitals in this town. The others are dirty and filthy; filled with patients all the time and without any proper maintenance. I have visited almost all the hospitals in this town and every single one of them are in a dilapidated condition except for this one.

I love it here because the place is good, well-maintained and neatly kept. The cleanliness of a place and its surroundings are highly important for me. And this is the only hospital that’s up to my standards.

Moreover, the doctors and the nurses who work here are very well taken care of by the management and they in turn take good care of their patients. The people who work here are satisfied with their workplace environment which makes it easy for them to care for their patients.

I have been here multiple times and every single time, I have received good care and attention from them.

L

lukah

This is the worst hospital I have ever visited and I hate going into this place. But at times, I am left with no choice. I was unfortunate enough to go to this place 5 times even though I didn’t want to and every time I have been treated like shit.

The ER has crazy wait times and one can never expect to see a doctor or get yourself treated properly. Every time I think I am never ever going to step into this hospital but I end up going here and come back all broken and hurt because of how I am treated here.

But if you can, then please don’t step into this hospital.

Honey Butterfly

Honey Butterfly

My daughter gave birth here a week ago and honestly speaking, I was not expecting any good care from these people because of what I heard about this place. I was extremely scared but my daughter had a good opinion of this place and wanted to get her baby delivered only here just because a few of her friends had very good experiences here.

But to my amazement, my daughter was treated extremely well and they even took great care of me and saw to it that I felt comfortable while I stayed with my daughter in her room. The nurse who attended to my daughter was the sweetest one I knew on earth. She always had a smile on her face and was very meticulous with even the small things she did.

I do not wish to comment about the other departments but the labor and delivery care is excellent and I would surely recommend the place.

Q

queena79

I had the best experience with my delivery here and I delivered my second born here. So if I compare my two experiences, the second one in this hospital was the best.

The nurses who took care of me were absolute sweethearts and they doted on me and my new born all the time. They are exactly what a new mother needs at the time of labor and delivery and even during post delivery care.

I got the best of services in this hospital and everything I needed was provided right away. They do everything possible to make you feel comfortable.

S

Saul

I had a very bad allergic reaction to something while I was cleaning an old attic and I ended up having a flu ultimately. I went in to this hospital and the nurses took exceptionally good care of me. I never had to worry about anything and not even once they hurt me while drawing blood for doing tests.

I am happy that I chose to go in here than anywhere else and this place will always be my first preference for any kind of medical needs.