Community Hospital North (Indianapolis, IN) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Community Hospital North located in 7150 CLEARVISTA DR - Indianapolis, IN. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
7150 CLEARVISTA DR
City
INDIANAPOLIS
State
IN
ZIP Code
County
MARION
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
24 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
13 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
52 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
256 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
63%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
4%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14.9%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
13.1%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.3%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9.3%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.7%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
dmitryv2

dmitryv2

There arose a situation for me to go into this hospital. I was double minded whether to go in here or not but as I said I did not have an option not to. I have always had bad experiences with ERs; either the staff will misbehave, if they do not, then there will be a long waiting time etc. Once it so happened that I had to wait for 2 hours in an ER and then go back home because I had lost all hopes that they would even see me.

But I think this hospital is different from the others. When I went in to the ER, I was immediately attended to, they did not make me wait for anything. In fact, they ensured everything went on smoothly and within two hours, everything was done and they made sure I am back home in 2 hours as promised by them.

I must say, they have very kind staff, comfortable rooms and compassionate nurses. I really do not wish to go back in there for obvious reasons, because it is a hospital but if I need to ever, then I am glad to know that this hospital could be my comfort zone.

earwig

earwig

Last month, I started experiencing shortness of breath all of a sudden and I started feeling quite uncomfortable and a little later, I could no longer breathe normally. I knew instantly that I need to visit a hospital. I have never had any good experience till now and if the situation was not so urgent, I wouldn’t have bothered visiting this hospital because I hate to wait in the dirty waiting rooms and then be treated like a piece of shit.

But that day my experience at Community North was entirely different. As soon as I went, I was welcomed by the staff and they made sure I am comfortable till I was called in. But the wait was not long at all; the nurse would have hardly taken 2 minutes and then she called me in for an examination. The one who took care of me, nurse Mary was a very kind hearted individual and she put me at ease throughout the procedure.

The doctor in charge was also a very professional guy with good etiquette and all of them together did very good team work in treating a patient like me. The way I was taken care of gave me a lot of emotional support when I needed it the most. I was awfully worried but the staff made sure I calm down and relax the entire time.

Thank you so much everyone!

uvula

uvula

I was making dinner at home when I badly cut myself by mistake. So even though I did not want to go to any hospital, I had to because I had injured myself so bad that it wouldn’t stop bleeding. It was quite late into the night, so there were no emergency care centres open and my boyfriend and I finally ended up in this hospital.

It didn’t take us long to find the ER because of good clear signage that directs you clearly. But once we were in there, it took us a very long time to be seen. But meanwhile, a nurse walked up to me and performed a basic first aid and my bleeding had kind of stopped. Moreover the waiting room was clean, so I did not mind waiting there.

The whole process was a little slow and I felt they could have speeded it up for somebody like me who was bleeding profusely. But they did good work, the duty doctor was kind and so were the nurses. At least, they were not giggling while I was in pain.

A

Aya

I don’t know other than a good building what else this place can actually boast of! They are under staffed and the ones who are appointed are rude and they make sure they poke their nose into your personal life, ask you personal questions, judge you when you say something and try to enforce their opinion on you.

They have terrible sense of service to their patients and I absolutely see no reason why the hospital management doesn’t do anything about it. The nurse who attended to me took more than an hour to make a note on a simple thing but she has an opinion about my profession and why I should make a switch.

Horrible, classless fellows!

K

knickknack

Community north is not the first hospital I have visited. As a matter of fact, I have been to many other hospitals and this is the best one I found till now. From the receptionist to the management to the doctors to the nurses, all of them have a very good and healthy attitude towards their patients and know how to treat them with a human bent of mind. All of them have the capacity to transform an extremely uncomfortable situation into a very warm and pleasant one with their skills, knowledge and wonderful etiquette.

I loved being here under the expertise of such wonderful people. They are not just blessed with medical skills; all of them are a treasure trove of love and kindness.

Nolan

Nolan

The hospital is good and so are the doctors and the nurses. People who work here definitely know how to behave with their customers i.e. the patients who visit the hospital; no doubt about it! But there are two things, according to me, which needs to be looked into immediately and taken care of as soon as possible.

I don’t know if things were such on the day I happened to be there because I have heard very good things about the hospital maintenance and the food they serve in their cafeteria. The day I went for a check up in this hospital, I found it to be dirty to an extent and there was a strong stench coming from somewhere. I was told that the hospital authorities are yet to find the source. And when I walked into the cafeteria, I found that most things in the menu was not available that day and I chose to have a sandwich from whatever was available. And that sandwich tasted funny too. I had enough, more than what I could take and I decided to simply walk out.

Answer to the question, if I would come here again – I really do not know!

Bug01

Bug01

I am not just a patient here; I volunteer here too. This place influenced me to such an extent that I decided to volunteer here. I am impressed by the meticulous planning that goes into the day to day activities of this place and their marvelous execution too.

The hospital definitely has a pleasing aesthetics but that is not its main attraction; the staff are super friendly and always focused on their work and ways and means to make life easier for their patients. They even have an online database where patients can view their test reports online and do not have to depend on the nurses for the same.

Two years back they even opened “the women’s tower” which is a one stop shop for all the medical care requirements of a woman. Facilities like walk in mammograms, maternal fetal medicine, ultrasound facilities are all available here. I am sure a lady will definitely enjoy her visit here.

I am floored by the state of the art infrastructure and facilities this hospital offers to its patients.