PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Central Dupage Hospital located in 25 NORTH WINFIELD ROAD - Winfield, IL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
25 NORTH WINFIELD ROAD
City
WINFIELD
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
DU PAGE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
23 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
31 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
242 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
5.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
65%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
4%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.7%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.5%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.7%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9.1%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.8%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
1.9%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly better than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Goldfinch

Goldfinch

Had to come in for a knee replacement procedure. I am so freaked out by surgeries and for good reason. My experience here was not good at all. The insurance company approved my stay here for two nights and I was still in a lot of pain even after that. However, after that, the physician said that I could (or rather, SHOULD) be discharged. This was outrageous. I am livid beyond words.

ROWEN

ROWEN

I had to be taken into the ER at Northwestern Medicine and I would say that my review is based only on the service at the ER. Giving it a 3-star rating itself would be a little generous of me, considering everything that I’d been through. Still, I figured I would take my sweet time to write this review, just to see whether I would feel differently about their service over the months, but as expected, I did not.

First of all, the nurses. They are so disrespectful. I have had serious migraine attacks all my life and as of late, they have been getting worse. Apart from my head feeling like it was on fire, I also had several dehydration due to continuous vomiting. And anyone with migraine knows that light sensitivity is a major issue. I remember lying down because I couldn’t even open my eyes, and each time the nurse would come into the room, she would flip the switch right on.

I felt like my eyes were burning already with the lights off.. imagine what I felt with the lights on. My husband got annoyed and had to tell her eventually that I couldn’t bare to have the lights on. To this, she just rolled her eyes and said, “so how will I give her medicine then?” Are you kidding me? I’m sure they’ve had to deal with such patients in the past, and if this is how they treated them, I feel so bad for them.

Oh and I forgot. The wait time at the waiting room.. it is almost excruciating. I understand that in normal situations an ER is very time sensitive and the most serious cases go in first. But the nurses were LEAST bothered by patients coming in, bawling their eyes out of pain. In fact, two of them were glued on their phones, trying out different filters on snapchat (I kid you not, I actually saw this happen).

I couldn’t even believe my eyes. Also. I get that sometimes veins don’t pop up when you have to get injections or insert the IV tube, but OMG this nurse was so rude. She kept poking at me, and getting frustrated, and tapping my arm. I got so annoyed, I told her to cut it out, and asked her if she had any sense.

Clearly I was in such pain, because I am never that disrespectful. She looked at me, dropped my hand and walked away. I sat like that for 10 minutes before another nurse came in, she was a lot gentler, but she also couldn’t find a vein. But it wasn’t my fault because my blood pressure had dropped severely. Finally, after three failed attempts, she tried again and was able to find one. She shot a dirty glare my way and then left.

And of course, my biggest complaint of all. The discharge papers got me SO angry, because half of the procedures in my name were not even done. Clearly they didn’t belong to me and there was some sort of mixup. I came home with someone else’s papers. Do they even realize how huge of an HIPAA violation this is? I prayed that my information didn’t go to another person. To conclude, one of the worst hospital experiences I’ve ever had. Wait, it was definitely THE WORST.

Lilith

Lilith

I really liked the service at this hospital. My gynae works here and I gave birth to my baby girl just two weeks ago. The medical practice is amazing, and there’s nothing that can go wrong. Can you believe that the cafeteria food is not just tolerable, but downright De-Lish? Not to mention that the hospital is beautiful on the inside. I particularly appreciated the breast clinic.

They give you a light snack before your mammogram, and coffee/juice is also offered. There is a fully stocked mini fridge for you to choose. The ER is also amazing- private rooms with no rushing patients and family. I have zero complaints. It was an excellent procedure with great service and a beautiful hospital.

Corbin

Corbin

The Dupage Medical group can be very irregular with their appointment timings. I made an advanced appointment and still, I had to wait for 2.5 hours to actually see the doctor. No excuses will go when it comes to this, do you think we have all the time to sit around and do nothing? NOT funny at all.

D

DEV

My partner had to get admitted into the er at northwestern and I was panicking because he’s normally so healthy. Either way his hospital stay was very comfortable- his words, not mine. The entire group of medical staff was top notch. They were very caring, attentive and clearly cared for the benefit of my partner’s health. Also, everyone here is just so easy to talk with. There’s no friction whatsoever.

We didn’t have to wait around, he got his prognosis super quick and the doctor explained everything in detail to us. After getting admitted, the doctor checked in on him every hour too. They were extremely patient with us, and asked us to clear any doubts we had with any of the medical staff, who were literally at our beck and call 24x7. I’ve never seen a hospital where the nurses were actually happy to be working at a hospital full of sick people. If I or my partner have to go back to a hospital again any time soon (and hopefully we won’t) there’s no doubt- Northwestern all the way.

monkeyshines

monkeyshines

Even though we had to wait for an hour before actually seeing the doctor, I would say that overall, it was a comfortable experience at this hospital.

V

Val

I had read a lot of negative reviews about this medical practice and was a little scared to try it out. Even so, it was the only one closest to my office space, and is covered by my insurance so I went. I think the key is to not expect any miracles and it will always exceed your expectations. Because the minute I walked in, I noticed that the staff were extremely cordial and friendly with me.

In fact, I didn’t even have to wait long in the ER, about only 20 minutes. Even though it was quite a busy day and my ailment was not severe. I was very happy with this wait time. I was attended to very quickly by this young doctor, who took very good care of me and answered all my questions with a smile. My experience was great. Even though I hate hospitals, the staff was very nice and supported me. I would recommend this hospital to everyone. Thanks for a great experience.

potpourri

potpourri

My teenage child had to have immediate surgery and we had to stay there for 6 days. I would say that the quality of healthcare here is better than most other hospitals in Illinois, at least the staff genuinely care for the patients. They were courteous and very friendly also. I would recommend this hospital to my friends and family.

Alec

Alec

Early Sunday morning: I had to be taken into the ER because I cut my finger, and it was a pretty deep cut at that. Thankfully, I was able to bandage it up and stop the bleeding somehow but clearly I had lost a lot of blood. I had to wait for about 20 minutes at the ER, but I’m glad it wasn’t in hours. But the waiting area was clean and there was a lot of seats.
I was asked to wait in this private room with a huge bed and TV. This was not my room, just where they washed my finger and sutured it up. I would say that the staff was very friendly, and they tried to make me think of anything but the cut during the process of suturing. Really liked it, was in and out within 3.5 hours.