PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Centinela Hospital Medical Center located in 555 EAST HARDY STREET - Inglewood, CA. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
555 EAST HARDY STREET
City
INGLEWOOD
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
LOS ANGELES
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
11%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
0 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
440 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
71%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
13%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
10.4%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
5%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
9.8%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.1%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
11.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Significantly netter than the National Rate
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
WITCH85

WITCH85

Dislike everything this hospital offers and stands for. Never coming back here.

M

Mean Beauty

When I was a kid Centinela was one of the best hospitals on our block. But now that I come back here with my 10 year old I realize how much its changed. More like hospitals everywhere else are adapting to the technology change of late but somehow Centinela lags. And it shows in its performance as well.

Clearly the employees are not thrilled to work here either it’s a very sad vibe when you enter. My daughter is 10 years old and she needs a heart transplant. I know what you’re thinking.. why bring her to this hospital if you don’t believe in it? But here’s the thing. I did used to believe in it so when I talked to a friend who said I should go to Centinela, I didn’t think about it. If only I knew what a horrible decision that was going to be.

My daughter had some unnecessary complications arise because of this dumb ass hospital. They claimed she would need a blood transfusion even though she didn’t and then they tried to turn it around on me and make it seem like I misheard. But I wasn’t letting it go, I told them I would sue them if anything were to happen. To which they responded, but nothing happened so let’s not overreact. Oh I’m sorry it’s just that she’s my only daughter and YOU ARE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS!

R

rumpus

Staff is helpful, friendly and supportive. Been here only once before and ever since it has improved. A lot has changed it looks bigger although dingier. But had no issues with the hospital. In fact so far everything has been going perfect- nurses, doctors are very witty and knowledgeable.

J

jaylen

A hospital that respects you and treats you well shows in the patient’s recovery. My father who had a massive heart surgery was showing no signs of progress until he was shifted to Centinela. At first I was angry at the hospital for making him move around like that when he should be resting. But honestly the kind of treatment he got from Centinela was just insane. A good insane of course…

At Valley Presbyterian the doctors and srugeons were good but they didn’t have great people skills. Like if one of them saw me cry in the hallway they would probably walk the other way or just pretend like they didn’t see me. So many awkward glances I’ve received at this hospital that I was glad we shifted. But at the same time I was nervous how it was going to be at a new hospital. Especially since the surgery happened at Presbyterian I figured it wasn’t a good sign that he was being shifted to another hospital.

They weren’t the ones that operated on him after all. But I was very wrong. The people at Centinela really showed me what humanity and compassion looked like. Not just my father but all of us were treated equally well. They would give us quick recaps on what had happened and let us in on what was going to happen next .and rest assured they didn’t have to tell us, after all it is recovery. But the fact that they want us to be a part of it is what really made us want to write this review.

The entire family approves of Centinela and have agreed that if anything like this happens to any one of us we will come back here. Also my dad is looking better now hasn’t fully recovered just as yet but he’ll get there. Thanks to the amazing team of doctors at Centinela I can finally go back home and sleep in peace.

T

trysten

Don’t like parking at centinela they have increased the parking rates from 6 to 12 dollars an hour. Just scamming off patients. Talked ot one of the staff members who said they also have to pay 12 dollars to park!!!! What a disgrace this is to think that it’s a hospital simply robbing off their own employees and patients. Very disappointed.

A

alinna

One of the best hospitals I’ve been to in a long time. Nurses are sweet and accommodating. Doctors are fiiiine and also very helpful. The hospital is spotless and always smells good. I approve!

Whit

Whit

Sign up for the worst health care of your life at this hospital. The nurses are cruel and will poke you every other hour for “vitals”- how it changes every hour is beyond me btw. They will talk back to you, bark at you- all with no reservations.

Almost like they think they’re the best hospital in town and they don’t care about their reputation taking a hit. Clearly they don’t because no one likes this hospital anymore. Not even the old people.

I gave a nurse a good piece of my mind when she stuck an IV needle in my arm and just walked out of the room because someone called her- HELLO? I called her incompetent and she rolled her eyes at me.

C

caesar

Strange thing is you won’t see single doctor here only nurses PAs RNs NPs….when you ask where doctors are they say they will be here in hour but never come. My son admitted for 3 days and we still see no doctor only NP was in charge.