PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center located in 6900 N DURANGO DR - Las Vegas, NV. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
6900 N DURANGO DR
City
LAS VEGAS
State
NV
ZIP Code
County
CLARK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
19 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
5 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
54 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
290 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
56%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
13%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14.4%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
9.5%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.6%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.9%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
KhalEesi

KhalEesi

My 5 year old daughter faced some stomach related issues very late into the night and started crying inconsolably. We knew we had no other way of calming her down other than to take her to a hospital. I called up Centennials to check the wait time and they assured me that my daughter would be immediately taken care of.

I took her there and true to their words, they immediate took her into the ER. A nurse and the duty doctor were standing ready to examine her and without causing any delay, they started doing the necessary. The doctor was really kind to my little one and the nurse who was assigned to take care of my daughter kept us updated about what they were doing and how it went for my daughter etc.

The entire facility is exemplary with impeccable neatness, absolutely no waiting time and amazing service with a humanitarian touch. I would definitely advocate patients to visit this place for their treatment. They wouldn’t let you down.

BullFrog

BullFrog

The very first day I walked into this place, I realized the mistake I had committed by doing so. First of all, the waiting time was really loooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg; longer than what I have experienced in many other hospitals.

After a very long 10 minutes, pun intended, I was taken in to the ER and there when I heard the nurses make fun of the other patients, it seriously pissed me off. They are in the medical field and talking ill about your patients and making fun of them is totally against medical ethics.

Ohh, but the best was yet to come. Again after a long wait in the ER, they finally called me to get some blood work done. Now this was a nightmare.
The nurse who was trying to take my blood couldn’t do it properly, hurting me in the process.

When I ask for an explanation, all of a sudden nobody is aware of what is going on. I had enough the very first day and with that I decided not to go to that place again.

P

pogonip

I had to visit this place to perform a procedure because this was the only place I could go. Thanks to my insurance. The check in was quite fast and not as tedious a process as it is in many other hospitals. It was an online check in via ipad, so it got over in no time.

I was taken to the place where the procedure was to be performed and I was called in exactly at the time I was given an appointment for. The nurse who attended to me was ready to perform the procedure and although the procedure is not a pleasant thing to undergo, the nurse made it easier for me with a smile on her face and the her friendly and gentle nature.

To be honest, I have never seen nurses behave so well with their patients and be all warm to them. So, this particular quality of the nurses here floored me.

A

Ariah

I would request all those who are reading this to stay away from this place. My mother was admitted here and one day when I came to meet her, I found her lying there in her own excreta. And she was lying there like that for quite some time and no body bothered to even take a look at her. I was extremely pained to see her like this. The nurses know that someone has to be with her at all times so that such unfortunate incidents do not happen.

I went and complained to the head nurse about my mom’s condition and yet, they took half an hour to come and clean her up. I simply could not bear to see her in such a condition. So, I took her back home and I vowed never to take her to that place or recommend it to anyone.

I

Izaiah

I do not know about all the departments in this hospital. But the one I am familiar with is the pregnancy care they provide. I recently delivered my second child in this hospital and the experience I had at Centennial’s was far far better than what I had during my first delivery.

The care and support the staff of Centennial extended to us was phenomenal and beyond comparison. Finally, for some unknown people, my baby and I had become the priority of their life.

A thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the nurses and the doctors who took adequate care of me and made my birthing experience heavenly.

L

lilian

I have walked in and out of this hospital umpteen number of times and till I delivered my baby here, I was not at all impressed by their facilities or their services. So, I always avoided my trips to this place.

But this time, during my delivery, situation was different. I had to come to this place, there was no other go! So, I came in half-heartedly, praying to God that I should be treated badly when I am going to bring a life on this earth. I guess my prayers were answered.

The nurses of this department were so damn sweet and they did everything in their capability to make sure I am comfortable. They were very generous and one of them (I don’t remember her name though) treated me like her own daughter. Their compassionate care and attention was more than enough to ease my process of delivery.

Even after my son was born and since it was my first time, they ensured that everything went on in the right track and as it should be. Additionally, they even gave me tips to make baby care easy and efficient. I can’t thank them enough for all of that.

I even recommended a few of my friends to deliver their babies here and two of them who chose this place were also treated with a lot of love and personal attention.

So, in my opinion, this is a good place for pregnant ladies, infants and children but I am still not sure about the other departments or the facilities.

schluffy

schluffy

This is the worst hospital in the city. I know everyone has their own share of experiences because of which different people have different opinions for the same place. But the bad reputation that this hospital has is not simply because one or two patients had a bad experience; it is truly because a majority of them did and I am one among them.

They hardly care for their patients, more so if they are elderly and helpless. After the experience I had here, it has become difficult for me to trust these people again.