Top Pulmonary Hospital Cape Canaveral Hospital Cocoa Beach FL (Complication Rates) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Cape Canaveral Hospital located in 701 W COCOA BEACH CAUSEWAY - Cocoa Beach, FL. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
701 W COCOA BEACH CAUSEWAY
City
COCOA BEACH
State
FL
ZIP Code
County
BREVARD
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
14 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
255 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
69%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14.6%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
13%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.7%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.2%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
canoodle

canoodle

I had a very bad migraine one day and when I couldn’t bear it any longer, I came over to the ER of Cape Canaveral and I was surprised to see how quickly they took me in. I was in extreme pain and they were considerate about it. It took only 15 minutes for a doctor to see me. My nurse was quick and efficient and the doctor who came in was great.

He was compassionate and took time out to listen to me and sit beside me to see if the medicines were working for me. Meanwhile, he also spoke about why certain treatments work at times and why they may not work another time.

I think after a very long time, I encountered a doctor who seemed to care. All of them together form a great team and take wonderful care of their patients.

I definitely recommend this hospital for their awesome medical treatment and professionalism.

Kassie

Kassie

I will never return to this place again. I was misdiagnosed, shouted at many times, ill-treated, forced to take medications and thrown out of the hospital when I asked them a few questions regarding my condition.

I had a check up there thrice and the third time when they messed it up all over again, I lost it completely. They kept on changing my diagnosis again and again and with the change in diagnosis came the change in prescription as well.

These people royally screwed up and now none of them are ready to take the ownership. I cannot even point out saying that a particular doctor did it or it was a certain nurse’s mistake because I didn’t see any of them more than once.

These people are a total mess but none of them would admit to it.

snifferDog

snifferDog

I was at this hospital last year when I suffered from diverticulitis. The doctors and the other staff are nice and I liked most of them who treated me. But of course, there were a few who were certainly not professional and showed real bad attitude.

And then there were these two female doctors who were great friends and nasty at the same time. I could see they were lazy, never liked to attend to patients and used some or the other excuse to avoid seeing patients or answering their queries. They were young and were not a bit serious about their profession.

R

Roen61

I was at the ER of Cape Canaveral Hospital today and I was treated as a VVIP there although I am not one. The nurse who took my triage and the doctor who saw me later were efficient and quick. I was worried when I came in but they assured me that things would be fine and I felt comfortable in no time.

I had to be admitted and that too was processed quickly. They helped me complete the formalities without any fuss and gave me a beautiful room with a spectacular view outside.

It is hard to find such good medical staff these days and I must say they are all an asset to this hospital. If I ever have to be in a hospital again, I will be here.

Z

Zury

I brought in a friend of mine here when I felt she showed all the symptoms of a urinary tract infection. First of all, they took a very long time to see her, although her condition was not too good. She was having a high fever and couldn’t even stand up properly. Yet, no staff bothered to even give her a glance.

I have suffered twice from UTIs previously and I know what exactly needs to be done and the tests which has to be run in order to make a proper diagnosis and to start the treatment. I have been through the whole protocol and I know it very well.

But in this God forsaken place, none of the tests were done and not even a basic CAT scan was taken. My friend was treated like a lab rat and I felt so guilty because I was the one who took her here. Not again!! Never again!!!

L

livinglouder29

I drove to the ER of Canaveral because of an infection. I was in immense pain and I could hardly make it from the parking lot to the reception and just when I prayed to God for some help, there came a volunteer to help me out. I felt so relieved and thankful.

The guy was amazing and ever ready to help. He personally took me to the ER desk and got my name registered. All I had to then do was sit and wait for my turn. I didn’t have to wait too long. All thanks to the hospital’s efficient functioning. I sat there on a comfortable chair for like 10 minutes and then I was called in for a triage.

The doctor came in after another 10 minutes, ordered a few tests and later declared that I required a surgery. I was admitted and given a very beautiful room that made me feel so much better despite my condition. In the second half of the day, they were all prepped for my surgery and when I felt nervous, the doctor personally held my hand and spoke to me till I was calm. It was so gracious and nice of him to do that for me.

The surgery was successful and I was kept under close observation for 24 hours and then admitted for around 2 weeks so that I would recover completely. I have absolutely no complaints about my stay over here. In fact I loved it and I would have said I will definitely come back for more, had it not been a hospital. Lol!!!