PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Cabell Huntington Hospital located in 1340 HAL GREER BOULEVARD - Huntington, WV. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1340 HAL GREER BOULEVARD
City
HUNTINGTON
State
WV
ZIP Code
County
CABELL
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
29 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
10 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
84 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
339 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
69%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
6%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14.4%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
18.5%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Worse than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.5%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.8%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
1.8%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
G

Grybukas

Have a lot to say about the Labor and Delivery unit at Cabell Huntington. Came here after my sister recommended it, but my wife did not have a comfortable delivery. They mixed up our rooms, forgot to give her epidural on time so she couldn’t have it, and clearly she was very uncomfortable the whole time.

H

HowdyDude

The doctors here are good, but they are literally the only good entities in the entire hospital. My experience here was awful. I had to be checked in because of this stomach ache I’d been having for years on end. Finally decided to have it checked out. Even though it started out as a faint, numb kind of pain, towards the end it’d transitioned into a more poke-y, stabbing kind of feeling and my personal physician recommended me to this doctor at Cabell Huntington. I did my research and read some reviews about this hospital and had a weird feeling about taking my case here, but was left with little choice as my stomach ache continued to worsen over the days.

When I got there, I got in touch with the doctor I was recommended to and he said we’d need to run a couple of tests on you. No issues there, that’s what I’d come for. So I took a few days off from work and was checked into the hospital as an inpatient. Here, they took various tests, names of which I don’t even remember until they finally figured out there was a pretty big tapeworm in my stomach. Which made sense because I’d lost 15 lbs in the last 6 months and had terminal diarrhea, I just figured it was because I had no time to cook food and was ordering a lot from outside.

Anyway, they gave me oral medication for it (Praziquantel) and suggested I book a follow up appointment the following week. I was okay up until this point until I requested for my personal belongings at the time of checking out. At this point, they said that they didn’t have anything that belonged to me. I was shocked. Before checking in, I had handed over my personal belongings (which included a very expensive watch, my grandmother’s heirloom necklace and a few other rings) to a nurse and she said she would keep it safely in a locker. But she was nowhere to be found.

Is it seriously reasonable of them to ask me to remember the name of their nurse? I mean, I figured there was a procedure for this, that they would enter this information somewhere at the reception? Anyway, after much yelling and convincing, they said they’d let me know if they found out anything about my belongings. So while I really liked the service of the doctors and other medical professionals at Huntington, I am very agitated by the administration staff, who were so irresponsible with my personal belongings.

V

vegg

Worked here as a nurse practitioner for over 8 years and have only good things to say about it, even as I retire. There is an amazing team atmosphere in this hospital, something I can vouch for 100%. Not only with your colleagues, even with those whom I reported to. Love the people here, love their pure hearts, and their zeal and zest to help the needy. All 3000 employees at this hospital are close with each other and I’m sure they’ll keep in touch with me.

R

Redd

The patient care here is probably much worse than it was back in Indiana, which is a shame because one thing I’d heard from many of my friends here is that the healthcare system at West Virginia is 10x better than Indiana. I made the mistake of going to Cabell Huntington for a stitching up procedure when I had a bicycle accident, and they were awful. No compassion towards a fellow human being who is clearly going through a lot of pain.

They just continued to poke and prod me with their needles and were talking to each other in the most nonchalant way possible, as if they were totally oblivious to my pain, which clearly they were. Was very upset with their service and before leaving, this gentleman in a suit asked me for my “feedback” for service in ER. I laughed in his face and said I’d rather jump in a pit than come back here. He acted like I’d said something super offensive and walked off. Really? You are only ready to take feedback when it’s good?

J

jbbarn

I stand by my statement of claiming that the Cardiovascular chest pain center at Cabell Huntington is by far the most impressive center to treat heart patients in all of America. Dr. Stevens was an absolute wonder and even though I had a huge blockage, the surgery was successful and a lot less painful than I’d anticipated. No complains whatsoever.

ajj1214

ajj1214

Came to this hospital for the first time because my friend was admitted in the burn unit at CHH. First of all, I think they have made it very comfortable for guests/visitors to come visit the patients, because there is free parking. This was a nice and unexpected touch, and I walked in to think it was quite a fancy hospital.

The staff was very friendly, everywhere I looked, it reminded me of my business where people walk up to each other and strike up conversations, a sight I wasn’t expecting to see at a hospital. Truth be told, this hospital does not have that gloomy vibe that most other hospitals have, and I think that in itself is a great thing for the patients- it’s about the energy you’re surrounded with.

I think the positivity does a great job in helping patients recover in a more speedy fashion and of course, the fact that the hospital looks rather posh and always spotless is a bonus. Met my friend who was taken really good care of, her situation wasn’t as bad as I thought it was- but apparently it was and they just took care of her at the right time. She’s doing really well now, 3 weeks after.

N

nafretiti

This was my wife’s second delivery and since her first delivery experience was pretty intense, I decided this time she should have the perfect experience. After doing some research and talking to a few people, we decided on the L&D at Cabell Huntington and what can I say, it was perfect in every way (hey, that rhymed!) She never had to worry about a thing, everything was taken care of and the monthly appointments were very efficient. She delivered our healthy baby boy on 4th march, 2019 and I couldn’t be any happier with the service here.