PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Brandon Regional Hospital located in 119 OAKFIELD DR - Brandon, FL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
119 OAKFIELD DR
City
BRANDON
State
FL
ZIP Code
County
HILLSBOROUGH
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
270 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
64%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
12%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.9%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.3%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.1%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
15.1%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.4%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.9%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
S

slerie

Brandon Regional has no regard for the human race. All they care about is money. The people who work here actually surprise me to the point where I fear for my sister’s life. She’s been an inpatient in this hospital for less than 20 hours and I already want to get her discharged. The nurses are especially rude, and it’s not just one crowd. Each new batch that comes in for night/morning shifts are equally bad. They do not take into account what you’re feeling. They ask you to rate your pain on a scale of 1-10 and if you say 7 or 8, they laugh, and go, “Okay, sure.” heinous human beings.

R

rcdpink

I am generally a very considerate person, I like to give second chances to restaurants, hotels, but not hospitals. And definitely not this hospital. I also don’t like hospitals where they pretend as they know better than you. Especially when it comes to my 2-year-old daughter because I don’t need to be a doctor to know what’s best for my kid. Defensive doctors and catty nurses- that is exactly what you’ll find at this hospital. I swear I’m not usually the kind of person that bad mouths anything, because I know there are two sides of a coin, but this is just unacceptable.

My 2-year-old daughter, Star was just getting over a horrible case of pink eye, it was very upsetting to see her like that, that too a few days before her birthday. She was looking better the next night but then on the eve of her birthday, she fell horribly ill. The poor thing wouldn’t stop crying and she couldn’t even express what was wrong with her, but she was running a 100-degree fever so I didn’t take any chances and rushed her to the ED at Brandon Regional. Now, I chose Brandon Regional because I don’t normally go to hospitals and it was within close proximity to my house. I didn’t do any checking up or researching the reviews about it. Wanted to go in fresh and find out what the hospital was like from my perspective alone (which is what I’d recommend y’all to do too).

Anyway, as soon as we got in, they asked us to sign a few forms and the entire time, my baby was leaning against me. She was clearly dehydrated and I kept asking the receptionist if she could get some water for her, while I filled out the forms. She said she was busy, even though she was just texting on her phone. Besides, the hospital was pretty empty at 3 in the morning. Considering that there weren’t too many people in, I was shocked when we had to wait for an hour and a half to see a PA. Not even a doctor. Whatever. I explained the issue and he ran some sample tests on Star.

So we got in at 3 am and ended up leaving at 7 in the morning. She is a 2-year-old, do you really think it’s advisable to keep her up all night? That too for an infection she’d caught from somewhere else? Ugh. Unimpressed. And the whole while, the doctor just seemed testy because I was a single mother and he was clearly a conservative Republican. But it was a very inappropriate time to judge me, especially when I had a sick child to take care of. Very rude, no bedside manners, and they try to debunk you constantly. Word of advice: stay away.

Isobel

Isobel

This hospital should legit be your last resort. People who come here are either illegal residents, don’t have insurance or are homeless. Sorry if that was too harsh but it’s true.

F

foolsgold

I’ve only ever been here once before this time when one of my friends from college passed out. She was rushed to Brandon Regional and given I was her roommate, was allowed to be there in her room. Plus she didn’t have any family here, so I was kind of the one who did all the running around. Anyway, that was 2 years ago and I remember the hospital looking a little dingy. Just last week I had to come to Brandon myself for a medical procedure and it has definitely improved ever since (looks-wise).

Looks a lot bigger, cleaner and the people seem a little nicer (lol). As soon as I got in, the receptionist was friendly, chatty but not in a bad way, and asked me for my details. Everything was very efficient, they have state of the art systems to record all your medical docs, so you don’t have to worry about anything. Except arriving on time for your appointments because they can sometimes push you behind if you show up even 10-15 minutes late. Other than that though, it’s a really good hospital. Don’t usually like hospitals, but this is a nice one in the area.

M

MyOCDsMild

All things considered, not the worst ER experience I’ve ever had. The waiting room had me for 15 minutes at max, they saw me right away, the doc was efficient and on his feet, knew exactly what was wrong the minute he saw me, and got to work. Things moved along smoothly but I didn’t like the hygiene. It wasn’t as clean as I’d hoped a hospital to be. Still, good job.

L

Litnax

I have personally been to five different hospitals in the past year due to my rather rare medical condition (which shall be unnamed) but I have been writing reviews for hospitals nonstop ever since. This hospital, in particular, did not stand out from the crowd or anything, but I still liked it. Maybe because:
  • They were not superficial. Even while getting checked in, I liked that the receptionist was not unusually chirpy and annoyingly happy. She smiled but just the right amount. I was asked to wait but not for too long. It was just fine.
  • It wasn’t all about the money. I don’t even have insurance, so the fact that they took me in was a big deal for me.
  • The treatment is actually good, they have a qualified team of doctors and nurses who treat you well- not particularly nice but well.
  • The follow-up post-surgery was really good. They were nicer then and more considerate of the fact that I’d just been through surgery.
But all in all, it was a good experience with this hospital. Probably would come back here, if I needed to.

lisakayb

lisakayb

They always say the first impression is the one that counts. My first impression of Brandon Regional was horrible. I didn’t like the rooms, I didn’t approve of their hygiene and the doctor who saw me then was extremely hostile and condescending. Unfortunately, I had to go back to this hospital a few months later for a follow-up due to an unexpected complication. This time, however, it was a new doctor who I liked and there was a new cleaning team in place so the hospital was less filthy. The third time around (the day before yesterday) I actually really liked my experience. Again, a new doc who was a significant improvement in the past two, AND the place was spotless. Yay!