Low Cost Blessing Hospital (Quincy, IL) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Blessing Hospital located in BROADWAY ST & N 11TH ST - Quincy, IL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
BROADWAY ST & N 11TH ST
City
QUINCY
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
ADAMS
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
10 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
45 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
289 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
63%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
6%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.9%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
13.5%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
4.1%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.1%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.5%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.6%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
S

shauRYA

My uncle suffered a heart attack and he was rushed to Blessing hospital as it was nearby to his house. He was immediately taken care of by the doctors and nurses in the ER and they somehow managed to save him. Later they mentioned that it was imperative to have him admitted in the hospital so that they could take care of him and keep him under observation in order to ensure that there are no further complications.

But when it came to the settlement of the bills, the management started showing their true colors to us. They would treat us as though we were beggars trying to steal their money. I have never ever come across such rude admins in my life. They are the faces of the hospital and god knows how the hospital will end up if they start behaving badly to their customers.

One thing I know for sure – I am not going in there again. The 3 stars only because the medical staff, the hospital has managed hire are good people. Hope they fire such assholes and appoint some well behaved people as a part of their management.

jacob

jacob

I have talked about the issue I faced in this hospital a number of times in different places in a hope that I would get some sort of help. But to this date I haven’t. My aunt was brought here to Blessing hospital from another hospital in the town and initially, the staff were all very helpful, cordial and kept me updated about what was happening.

A week later, I thought of checking on how my aunt was doing. I first called up my cousin and he didn’t seem to have a clear idea or even if he did, he didn’t want to tell me. I wanted to clearly know what the diagnosis was and also about further medical treatments. But since my cousin didn’t bother to tell me, I decided to call up the hospital and ask them for myself.

When I called up, the lady at the reception then transferred my call to a snobbish administrator. When I explained my situation, he clearly knew he didn’t have to tell me anything because I am not my aunt’s POA. He spoke as if he was trying to empathize with me but his tone evidently said something else. I asked him for the one last time if he could tell me how my aunt was doing without beating around the bush saying this and that. He gave me a short and sharp “NO” and I hung up immediately. That day I knew the administration staff of this hospital are not to be trusted.

I then posted my problems with HIPPAA but then I got feedback from many others that most hospitals do not understand HIPPAA. So that wasn’t helpful either.

So, in short this hospital does not understand HIPPAA, nor do their so called appointed administrators understand the pain of family members who are not POA and their administration staff have absolutely no social work skills. Such idiots can drive family members, especially the ones like me who are not POA but are genuinely concerned, nuts.

If you are in a situation like I am, then I advise you to not to step into this hospital. They are far from being helpful.

A

Ana

I have visited this hospital many a times and no matter what feedback we give the hospital management, they are in no mood to make any changes at all. I don’t think they would be bothered even if they had to close down the place due to mismanagement of affairs.

Blessing hospital might be the closest one to your home. But if you are serious about getting yourselves treated, then it is better to drive a little farther and you will find good hospital you can rely on.

This place shouldn’t even be one of your choices.

bearhugs

bearhugs

Blessing hospital has the worst set of doctors and nurses I have ever come across. A neighbor of mine broke his nose while playing and since his parents were away elsewhere, I was the one who took him to this hospital. His was losing a lot of blood and required immediate medical attention. But the doctors and the nursing staff there made us wait for more than 4 hours for some kind of treatment. Ultimately, his condition was so bad that he needed a blood transfusion to replace all of that lost blood.

I regret taking the boy to Blessing Hospital. I always feel I could have been a little more sensible and walked out of that place when I saw that they were not doing anything to make his bleeding stop.

sic608

sic608

This place is a joke

Six months back, I had severe stomach pain after a party the previous night. I decided to go to the ER of Blessing hospital as I was alone at home that day and this one was the nearest. I took the pain of driving myself there all the way and ended up getting no medical treatment as well.

I thought I would be taken in for some blood work or a few other tests but the doctor did a basic examination and told me there was nothing wrong with my stomach despite my making a mention of seeing blood while I passed stools. He wrote a few pain killers and some prescription medications and that’s it. His rude behavior was beyond compare.

I put up with my condition for a day and as expected things worsened and then I had to be taken in an ambulance to another hospital in town where they took care of me reasonably well.

R

ricochet

I was admitted here for a week and I was well taken care of by the medical staff, especially the nurses. All of them treated me well, not just medically but also emotionally. Since I was alone, they would come and check on me from time to time. Also, they always made it a point to give me my food and medications on time. I don’t think there was anything more they could have done to make my stay comfortable and pleasant.

But when I was getting discharged, the administration staff made my life difficult. They did some kind of error during the billing and when I went to clarify the same, they treated me like crap; as though I was a beggar trying to steal their money. I don’t know how all this has gone unnoticed by the hospital management so far. They should first learn how to treat other people well.

C

contraband

I went in here because I thought I sprained my ankle while playing basketball. As I waited in their ER for 2 long hours, the pain had become unbearable and I was at a loss to understand what I could do to make myself feel better. Finally, the doctor arrived and what he did literally gave me a shock. He pressed real hard on my ankle and asked if it was painful. Of course, it was fuc… painful! What other response was he even expecting!!!

Then he went on to say the most ridiculous thing on earth which was there is nothing wrong with my ankle and I am making a mountain out of a mole hill. I tried to explain it to him and make him realize that there was something seriously wrong but he was in no mood to listen to me at all.

Finally, he asked me in a pissed tone if I would shut up if he shoved some prescription pain meds into my mouth. I went into a state of shock after listening to that statement! I instantly knew I couldn’t expect anything more from a person like him.
And all thanks to that ruddy doctor, I suffered a minor fracture in that ankle!

Never go into this hospital if you have some consideration for yourself.

R

ryker

I was taken into this hospital because I suffered a stroke and then was admitted there for more than a week. The nurses were kind enough to me; they saw to it that I ate, took medicines and slept on time. Everything that I needed was taken care of well. The doctor who I was under also paid visits and did check-ups on time.

I did not feel ignored like I did in another hospital where I was admitted previously but at the same time I was not given a royal treatment as well. Everybody was formal and never even tried to get friendly and they went about their duties.

Things went well for me although at times I would feel real lonely because I had nobody to talk to but I did not feel that things are as bad as people project it to be.