Low Cost Black River Memorial Hospital WI (Complications) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Black River Memorial Hospital located in 711 W ADAMS ST - Black River Falls, WI. Contains reports of complication rates, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
711 W ADAMS ST
City
BLACK RIVER FALLS
State
WI
ZIP Code
County
JACKSON
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Critical Access Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
Not Available
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
Not Available
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
7 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
194 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
5.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
82%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
13.3%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
10.1%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.2%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.5%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
R

Rodrigo

Folks, when a patient states that he/she is allergic to a particular medicine, it means that they should not be given that specific medication or else it would result in complications…

I was here in the ER, and after diagnosis the doctor prescribed me a particular drug that I was not supposed to take due to allergic reaction to a compound present in the medication. I had already informed the doctor about my reaction, but the doctor would hear nothing of it and ended up prescribing the med.

I ended up not filling the meds and had to seek care at another hospital. Not sure if I would even step in again

1Benjamen

1Benjamen

My first child was born here, and the care which my wife received at this place was exceptional. She was in active labor for nearly 12 hours and was in clear discomfort. The nurse in charge of her care provided excellent support during these times and kept on motivating my wife. The OB/GYN was also a fantastic guy. The exceptional care continued even after the delivery. We were here for two days, and there was no laxity in the care. Black River Memorial Hospital is THE place for giving birth

B

bold show runner

I had to rush to the ER with my two-year-old a few nights back after she started developing breathing difficulties. The care which she got here was exceptional. Amy was taken in very quickly. There was a slight wait time as the doctor was busy with another emergency. However, the nurses ensured that Amy did not feel the wait time and played with her. After about 30 minutes, she was taken back to the room.

We were soon joined by a wonderful doctor who was a nice lady and had excellent bedside manners. She was able to find the reason for the breathing difficulties; something had got stuck in her nose. A quick procedure ensured, and she was soon back to her normal self. Very satisfied with the care Amy was provided here. We will not hesitate to return back.

antagonized

antagonized

This is one fantastic hospital. The staff and doctors are caring, kind, helpful, and very professional. They are highly knowledgeable.

I had to visit this hospital after being involved in an automobile accident and had got pretty bad injuries. The ER staff quickly got down to the task and before soon I was being wheeled into surgery. The operation was successful, and I was shifted to the ICU for further care and then floor. The care was exceptional across the board, and these people did not give me any chance to complain. Highly impressed and appreciate the efforts they put in