PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Hackensack Meredian Health Bayshore Medical Center Community Hospital located in 727 N BEERS ST - Holmdel, NJ. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
727 N BEERS ST
City
HOLMDEL
State
NJ
ZIP Code
County
MONMOUTH
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
20 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
6 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
56 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
459 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
64%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
10%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.1%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.5%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.9%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.4%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
julisa

julisa

The doctors who have been appointed here are utter clowns and they don’t know a shit about medicine. I wonder what they did during their medical school years. More than the doctors, I would blame the leadership of this hospital for having failed to appoint competent doctors and tolerate these jokers.
But the sub staff like the nurses and the technicians are good and they work hard to care well for their patients. I think its all because of them that this hospital survives.
I don’t think I will be making my way back here and even if I do, I would prefer to be seen by the nurses and not go anywhere near the doctors.

kashlyn

kashlyn

The place is filled with amateurs who do not have even a little bit of common sense. I know of two instances where their negligence killed people and a few other instances where their negligence has cost the patients and their family members their peace of mind.
A friend of mine had a urinary tract infection because they did not bother to clean her catheter. And when my grandmother was admitted there, her nurse forgot to put her feeding tube back. And then there was a colleague of mine, whose infection turned into a gigantic one because of the carelessness on the part of the hospital staff.
I don’t know how people can be so casual about things that too on which a human life depends. Horrible the staff are over here and I would never go in there to tolerate such shit.

constantine

constantine

I am not of the opinion that this a bad place to be because I found the staff to be reasonably good with what they do, although there is nothing extraordinary about them. But still, you will first have to cross a big hurdle and that is convincing them to take you serious. Because according to them, every single patient who comes there doesn’t have any serious medical issues and are there only to get drugs prescribed as a part of their medication.
So, if you are in a bad shape and want to go in here, make sure you take someone who knows your history and has some basic knowledge about medicines.
I say this from my personal experience because I have been here due to severe back pain and overall body pain due to a medical issue and when I explained my situation to the doctor who saw me, he thought all I needed were pain meds and for the same, I was making it all up. It was really insulting for me but I tried to convince him so that he would prescribe me pain medications.
But within sometime I realized that they are all there for their paychecks and they do not want to do anything that requires some efforts to be put in. I should have known better with my previous experience with them and never returned here.

M

Maxximus

Bayshore never had any good reputation in the past. I was not supposed to be here because of that but with a twist of fate, I ended up in the ER of Bayshore last week and I saw with my own eyes that many things here have changed for the better and people who work here are sincerely trying to make the hospital a better place to be for their patients.
What would once take ages, now is being done in a matter of a few minutes. The testing and diagnosis happens in a jiffy now. The nurses who were once dumb and lazy bums have now been replaced with smart and efficient ones who are thorough with every aspect of their job.
This time when I was here, I must say I received excellent attention and medical care from all the staff. The place has definitely improved and is striving to be better day by day.

J

Jaelynn

I was recently here with my aunt when she was being discharged from this hospital. The nurses and the doctors were good to her but at the time of discharge some lucifer type nurse landed in our room from hell and she started being very rude to my aunt. She uttered some nonsensical stuff which I do not even wanna discuss here and that brought my aunt’s morale down.
Such negative people shouldn’t be nurses in the first place and even of they are, they shouldn’t be allowed near sick people who are trying to recover.

gotham

gotham

I have visited this hospital multiple times over the years and they have pretty much raised their bar. They have appointed new staff who are better equipped, have good knowledge and a wonderful attitude. Yet, there is a lot of scope for improvement because still the majority of the employees suck at their work and I feel they are not qualified enough to be there.
But honestly, there has been a lot of improvement in their services when compared to yesteryears.

K

Kayden

I have been living in the area for more than 10 years now and I would definitely say that the hospital has improved its standards with better staff and good facilities, especially if you compare its performance with the previous years.
I think it has all happened with Merdian Health taking over the hospital. I hope it reaches its pinnacle soon so that we localites have a good hospital to look up to.

C

CaRnElL

I have been misdiagnosed at this hospital twice and that has costed me my happiness. Their false diagnosis has caused me a lot of trouble and I definitely did not have a good experience here. I know for sure that I wouldn’t be coming back here.
They will simply come and administer you drugs that have no relevance at all and then you have to be at the receiving end and bear the brunt of it.