Top Heart Hospital Low Cost Aultman Hospital (Canton, OH) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Aultman Hospital located in 2600 SIXTH STREET SW - Canton, OH. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
2600 SIXTH STREET SW
City
CANTON
State
OH
ZIP Code
County
STARK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Other
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
24 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
3%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
12 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
45 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
288 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
64%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
7%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.2%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
3.3%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
16.8%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.5%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.8%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3.1%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
deealger

deealger

They really care about their patients. It’s not about the money for them, like it is most medical practices, but they will check everything and make sure that there’s nothing wrong with you. I had developed a funky rash over my short vacation (I’d gone to Mexico to meet some family) and went to Aultman to get it checked. The dermatologist was very kind, he didn’t cringe when he heard Mexico (it’s what I’m used to) and kept his cool. He then suggested that I get it treated as soon as possible, and I obliged. I liked it here.

sophiaholmes55

sophiaholmes55

My friend came to Ohio to meet me and there was something weird about her face. She didn’t talk to me about it first and then later told me that she had some weird ulcers in her mouth. This freaked me out, especially when she allowed me to have a look at them. They were tiny, bright, and red and they lined the inside of her mouth and she said they hurt when she touched them. I told her I’d take her to my hospital (Aultman) but she refused and said it was just another 4 days before she went back home. She didn’t trust any other doctors but her own. So I agreed.

But the next day she woke up with an extremely swollen face and her eyes seemed bulgy too. I’d never seen her like this, so I freaked and urged her to get them checked at Aultman. I said the service was good there, because it was when I went there. Even though she resisted, she finally conceded. By the time we got to the ER, she had developed a slight fever also and was clearly in a lot of pain. After 40 minutes of waiting in the ER waiting room, her name was finally called and we were asked to wait in a room before the doctor would come see us.

The doctor walked in with another medical professional (a surgeon, I reckon?) who was followed by a pack of nurses. He ran the basic tests on my friend until he asked her to open her mouth. She did so, ever so slowly, and he sort of grabbed her face and looked inside her mouth. She grabbed his hand and was motioning for him to let go because he was hurting her. Basically, she was in a lot of pain and he didn’t seem concerned about that. I spoke up, and told him that she’d had it for a few days but wanted to go back and show her own doc. To this, he scoffed and said, “that’s very dumb of you, miss”.

My jaw dropped and my poor friend looked towards me and smiled sadly. I felt like the biggest fool for ever convincing her to come in. Then he picked at the ulcers in her mouth and she winced in pain. She then told him that it hurt her a lot and that she would rather keep it like that then have it poked at. He again scoffed at her and said that it was important they pop it to check whether it was infected or not. Oh, I’m sorry, aren’t there antibiotics that’ll do that? It was the rudest thing I had to witness in my whole life. Throughout, she cried and winced in pain, and the doctor was neutral.

Overall, horrible experience. The nurses were compassionate and understood what she was going through but could do less, considering the doctor had taken on such a firm stance about bursting them open to check for signs of infection. Still, I will never ever come back to this hospital- a place where they have no regard for humanity.

A

audentio

Why is everyone in the ER so damn rude? Let me just tell you this from all the patients: We don’t come into the ER for no good reason, it’s because obviously we need immediate medical attention. Not just that, when the EMT brings you in, you gotta know that something is wrong. But no, they act like you’re faking it and just ask you to wait. I remember how I was brought in the EMT team because I’d twisted my ankle pretty bad. The doctor looked at it, looked at me and asked me to wait. I of course, couldn’t do anything else and stayed put on the stretcher. I stayed like that for 2 hours.

aki

aki

I cannot believe this. It’s been more than 15 hours that they have been waiting to shift my brother form the ER to ICU- apparently, it’s “rushy” and they “don’t have any space as of now”. Is that even a valid excuse? Can’t wait to sue this hospital.

R

Riley

The Labor and Delivery unit at Aultman is unbeatable. I’ve given birth to three children so far, and all three of them were risky pregnancies. The first two were delivered Hillcrest, but the last one (which was the most risky) was delivered at Aultman, and I’m glad we didn’t go with Hillcrest this time. First of all, our OB was a lot more involved in this hospital. It wasn’t just about getting the sonogram and all the information out to the parents-to-be, our OB at Aultman genuinely cared about my health and the baby’s safety. Thank you, Dr. Saltzman.

After a painful 16 hours of labor, I woke up to see that my baby was gone. When I enquired about it to a nurse, she said that the baby had to be taken to the NICU because the heartbeat was very low. My heart broke in two and I felt like I was going to die. But thankfully, Dr. Saltzman came in right then and explained how everything was going to be okay, they were just being precautious about something. I am not even lying, if he hadn’t walked in right then and there, I probably would’ve cried myself to death. All in all, a great L&D unit with a great team of doctors and nurses, all were extremely supportive, very kind and even more friendly. Dr. Saltzman is literally the funniest and most fun guy you were ever meet.

C

carla07

My wife was brought in a few weeks ago because of kidney stones and was taken great care of. For anyone who’s had ‘em before, you know how painful they can be. But the sight I saw when I came into her room was that she was laughing with the doctor about something. So count me in on the amazing service at Aultman Hospital. Don’t mind me a slice of that.