PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Arcadia Methodist Hospital Of Southern Ca located in 300 W HUNTINGTON DR - Arcadia, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
300 W HUNTINGTON DR
City
ARCADIA
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
LOS ANGELES
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
19 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
0 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
71 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
336 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
57%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
7%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.6%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
8.6%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.5%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
10.8%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
6.3%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.2%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
R

raul

My 8 year old daughter was playing outside in our garden when she suddenly slipped and fell. I ran outside to be with her and that is when I discovered that she has hurt herself bad. When I tried to hold her by her right hand, she had this sharp pain in her elbow. I suspected a fracture and took her to Methodist.

When we came in, things were processed fast for us and my lil one was taken to the ER. Even in the ER, the nurses took care of her so that she wouldn’t feel scared in the busy hospital environment with patients all around her. An MD doctor soon came to see her, examined her and got a few X-Rays done.

My daughter was very well taken care of by the nurses and even the technical staff who made her feel at home all the time. For the first time, I saw my daughter all calm and composed during her hospital visit and credits goes to the Methodist staff who were kind and compassionate to the little one.

A

Aaron

Methodist is an amazing hospital with brainy and caring staff. I don’t know how so many people, their hearts filled with love and compassion for the patients they treat can come together so wonderfully well under the same roof. I found the doctors and more so the nursing staff to be proficient and efficient in their work.

And the food they serve here, it is not bad too. In fact, it was great compared to so many other hospitals I have previously been. They do not serve junk food like pizzas, burgers or French fries in their cafeteria and ensure their patients as well as the visitors have good healthy food.

If you have to be in a hospital, Methodist is a good place to be.

KChen

KChen

I am not a hospital kind of a person and I was never admitted in a hospital my entire life. Touchwood!! So, when the time came for my labor, I was more than tensed; I was all over the place. But at the same time, I felt highly fortunate to have been taken care of by such wonderful people in the hospital.

The nurses made several attempts to calm me down and even when I did, they made sure that one of them always stayed by my side. My daughter was born a year ago but even to this day, I cannot thank them enough for providing me an excellent patient care.

While I was in labor, one of my worst fears came true. I had to undergo an unexpected C-section. But the nurse who handled the delivery gave me the strength, made me comfortable and showered me with emotional support. My recovery nurses were no less too. They ensured I ate properly and took adequate rest too so that my recovery would be easy and fast. The way all of them treated me, I felt like I was being taken care of by my own family.

I have absolutely no complaints about Methodist hospital. On the contrary, I am and will be grateful to all the staff who took such good care of my baby and me when we needed it the most.

Thank you one and all!! I am indebted to all of you for the extra care and compassion you showed me all the time.

K

kevin

The place might look good and impressive from the outside but there is nothing nice about this hospital when you go inside. I was here because I had accompanied someone who had to be rushed to ER, obviously because of an emergency but the staff here, I don’t think get the meaning of the word “emergency”. They take their own sweet time to admit people and cater to their needs.

When I went in, I was pained to see the condition of the elderly patients. All of them were sitting here and there and some even on the hospital floor to be attended to. The ER nurse told my friend that she too would have to wait for a few hours. So, I went back to her place and got her a pillow and a blanket so that she wouldn’t freeze in there.

Visiting this hospital actually made me think if I am in a third world country or if I was actually in a place as developed as the US. I wonder if patients are treated in such an unruly manner elsewhere in the US.

frogman

frogman

I don’t think anybody should go through a situation like mine. I came into this hospital with a severe stomach pain. I knew it was something I ate but I was in bad pain and I needed some treatment. I was here at noon and had to wait till late in the evening to finish off all the tests. I waited and waited and waited to get a medicine for my pain before they finally administered it to me.

At the end of the day, I felt it would have been better if I had taken some home remedies and gone off to bed; my body would have at least got the rest it deserved and maybe I would have felt better.

Methodist should do act fast to improve the situations in their ER, else they will earn a bad name and end up losing valuable customers. I am not going in there again unless I hear from a trustworthy source that things at Methodist have seriously improved.

My case was not that serious. But I get chills down my spine thinking what if I was taken into that place because of a real time emergency, a situation in which my survival would have entirely depended on the care and the quick treatment they gave!!! Gosh!!! If they took hours together a patient might die in front of their own eyes.

I hope the management realizes the shortcomings of their hospital facilities and their staff and takes some quick action to rectify things.