PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Amita Health Adventist Medical Center Hinsdale located in 120 NORTH OAK ST - Hinsdale, IL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
120 NORTH OAK ST
City
HINSDALE
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
DU PAGE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
18 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
44 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
232 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
69%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.6%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.8%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.6%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.3%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.1%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.1%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Emerson_B

Emerson_B

Four years ago when I was still living in Hinsdale, I remember having the best family practitioner, Dr. Myers. Back then she was almost part of the family and I would see her on a monthly basis when she would come check all of us out at home. But then I inevitably moved and had completely moved on from my Hinsdale chapter. Recently I came back and found out that she had retired and moved to New Hampshire with her son. Dr. Myers, if you’re reading this this one is for you: I would rate this hospital 5 stars any time I recognized the name just because you were that great of a doctor. I miss you and hope to get in touch with you.

L

LaurRne14

I used to think the Geriatrics department at Adventist Hinsdale was amazing, but two years after I first took my ailing dad here, I realized there were many cracks under the surface. They pretend to be really nice to the patients in front of their family members (something I never listened to my dad about) and they keep losing their stuff. My dad lost two pairs of glasses and his wallet at the geriatrics unit. NOT COOL.

J

jbepp

Amita Health really has it all! I have been coming to this hospital since I was a little girl and everything was taken care of with a sense of professionalism I couldn’t find in any other hospital. Even though my father was a professor at the University of Illinois, I preferred Amita Health. I was legit born into this hospital, which is probably why I’ve always had a soft corner for it. But more than that, it’s because my mother’s best friend is (or rather, was) the head nurse at Amita. Safe to say that I spent some good hours getting babysat at this hospital.

But I’d moved out of Hinsdale years ago and had to move back into my mom’s after losing my job. Right about this time, my 12-year-old daughter started having a lot of issues with her sleep cycles- I figured it was because of all the moving and blamed myself for it. But then randomly I’d find her awake at 3 in the morning, trying to fall asleep in front of the TV and what not. This got me concerned, so I talked to my godmother about her sleep cycles and how they bothered me. She asked me to take her to Amita Health because they had a designated unit for studying sleep cycles.

That’s what I did: I booked an appointment with the sleep care unit and had my almost teenage daughter checked out. You won’t believe the kind of service they have here. All I can say is, this hospital doesn’t get older, it just gets better. They basically provided her with a sort of therapy, where they helped her sleep cycles get back on track, but on top of that, they also helped her deal with the whole moving scenario: turns out, she was having some issues leaving her friends and school behind. But all I can say is that it’s so important to pay attention to your kids’ lives because so much happens without us knowing. And to Amita Health, all I can say is that I’m thankful- oh, so very thankful for all the amazing service and great set of doctors you have. A place where you can count on some quality health care, that’s a surety.

Linkess

Linkess

The Adventist Hinsdale hospital’s maternity ward is spotless: can you believe that? A maternity ward being spotless is almost impossible. Kudos to the amazing cleaning team at Adventist. You guys do an amazing job and are the most underappreciated gang at this hospital, no doubt. Nurses- you’re up next: also amazing at what you do, you really know how to calm a woman in labor down and I think that’s close to impossible. Thank you for all your help and service. The doctors, you guys are straight up rock stars. Thank you for helping deliver Hannah. Much love.

M

Mouth

Even though I loved the service almost immediately, I was putting off writing this review because you never know when they will charge you with an extra bill of copay (which has literally happened in two other hospitals with me)- guess you can never be too cautious. Anyway, I can’t thank the amazing labor and delivery ward at Amita Health Adventist, they really know how to please their patients.

From day 1 when I walked in, I knew this was going to be a long term relationship with this hospital (that’s sort of my thing) because I felt safe. Not only was the environment welcoming and warm, my OB was very friendly, approachable, and I could ask her all the funny, weird questions I was developing in my mind because of the weird, funny things that were happening to me (thanks to my pregnancy).

Now, onto the delivery part: We’d booked a nice, private room for me, but the day I was supposed to deliver, my OB slipped and fell in her tub and I found out she couldn’t make it. Imagine my horror when I found out a new OB (man) was going to deliver my baby. I was bawling like a baby and then I saw her: my OB with a band-aid across her forehead.

She legit made it all the way to the hospital, even though she’d taken a rough fall, only because she knew I would be freaking out to have another set of hands up my private parts. Literally the happiest day of my life when I knew such selfless love in a hospital existed and of course, I gave birth to my healthy baby girl with no issues whatsoever.

S

Steph

I don’t understand how a pediatrics unit can be so irresponsible. If you even value your children the least bit, keep them far away from this hospital. They are actually MEAN to children. His pulse is generally hard to find so they poked and prodded him until he started crying. They even lied on his records, and to my face about his ailment. I wish to sue this hospital.

P

p4lse

Much appreciate, big thank.
The only emergency room that I will call amazeballs and thats this one. Had a great experience with all the doctors and nurses at this hospital. Amita Health Adventist- you have some real superheros working for you.