PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Alvarado Hospital Medical Center located in 6655 ALVARADO ROAD - San Diego, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
6655 ALVARADO ROAD
City
SAN DIEGO
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
SAN DIEGO
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
45 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
5%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
108 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
248 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
65%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
12%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.9%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
9.6%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.3%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
6.7%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
12.1%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3.2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
F

francisco lambert

I can’t believe that this hospital is still in business. I don’t know how the hell have they managed to keep it open all this time. There is nothing positive to talk about the hospital at all. Under qualified doctors and nurses, insanitary conditions, sub standard medical facilities and on top of all this racism are all what I experienced here. I can go on and on about the negative things of this hospital.
Just because I had many questions and I demanded clarifications for all of them, I was asked to leave the hospital premises. The doctors don’t even know how to treat their patients. I feel sorry for myself that I even went there.

I

Isaac Taylor

I was brought to this hospital in an emergency situation and when I landed up here, there was someone ready to assist me with everything. The whole situation was scary to me and this guy, he helped me calm down and explained all that was going on.
And when I was brought into the emergency room, a nurse helped me feel better and her awesome behavior made me feel a lot more comfortable as well. She too was very attentive to what I said and it was because of her that pain slowly started vanishing that day. Even the doctor who attended to me was very calm and gentle and with all their presence around, I felt very safe and secure and had the faith that I would be healed soon and go back to my normal life.
Thank you so much everyone! All you guys are truly an asset to the medical field. If I have to go to a hospital again, I will only come back here.

6HeNsLeY

6HeNsLeY

My son was admitted here and he required an urgent surgery to be performed on the same day in order to save his life. And ER doc saw to it that the surgery was done on the same day. In fact he and his team of nurses were on their toes to make sure things went on smooth and not even once did I have to worry about the procedure.
Thank you so much for the excellent care and professionalism that all of you have shown. I feel like I have experienced the best medical care possible. You guys are the best and please be the same at all times.

T

Tiffany-Kelly1969

I know this seems a really small facility from the outside and its infrastructure does not manage to impress many. But do not judge a book by its cover. The place has excellent medical facilities to offer and the health care they provide here; the well qualified doctors and the hardworking nurses, I have not seen such good services available at huge sort after hospitals as well.
The nurses and the doctors here are kind, helpful and caring and they see to it that their patient’s health is given the first priority.

F

FatherOfFetus1989

I don’t have anything much to say about the medical staff here; they are simply above average but most of the times, they are nice to you. But the ER staff are highly unprofessional and a few of them quite small minded too.
Their paperwork is dishonest and horrible. When they bill you, they put charges of even those services which you have not availed during your visit to the hospital.
Trust me, it is a pathetic place to be and it is better not to step inside this place and even if you do, do not expect any top notch services but yes do expect to be billed till nose deep.

maddon

maddon

I was admitted here for a surgery which first of all didn’t take place on time because the doctor was busy with his own personal things; to busy to even inform the rest of the team. When he finally arrives, he has this shitty attitude towards me and the members of his team.
Then when it comes to my medications, I tell him frankly that I am not supposed to be taking a few of them and that’s when he starts yelling at me for now reason and kinda forces it down my throat. But it is of no use ultimately because it does not help with my pain. And then he all of a sudden changes my prescription and doesn’t tell me a word about it.
I strongly feel such doctor’s medical licenses should be cancelled at the earliest and goons like these shouldn’t be allowed to practice in the first place. There are high chances he could be mentally deranged.

R

rosalinda

Whenever I pass this place and the hospital comes into my line of sight, the way it still functions and stands tall concerns me badly about people’s health and safety at the hands of the incompetent nurses and doctors here.
People who work here have no understanding of medical ethics and all they know are malpractices and how to cheat people to mint money. My entire family has gone through a lot in this hospital and it is from these very personal experiences, I urge people to stay away from this disgusting establishment.
People here have an atrocious mindset and such creatures shouldn’t ever be working in this hospital. They can talk you down, insult you, refuse treatment, throw you out and do many other things but once you step in, they do not forget to bill you heavily for reasons no good.
Stay as far away as possible.

Zeno

Zeno

I have taken my girlfriend here twice on two different occasions because she was wheezing due to asthmatic problems. They have been great to her; loving, kind and friendly, they helped her cope with the situation and made her feel way better. They made things smooth for me by handling everything by themselves and did not let me be concerned of anything.
I would definitely recommend this place, especially their ER!