PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Alaska Regional Hospital located in 2801 DEBARR ROAD - Anchorage, AK. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
2801 DEBARR ROAD
City
ANCHORAGE
State
AK
ZIP Code
County
ANCHORAGE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
6 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
0%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
33 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
224 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
72%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
9%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.8%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
12.4%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.2%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
15.1%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.7%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.3%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly better than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
R

Riggins

Locally, we have two hospitals and personally I feel Alaska regional is the better out of the two. But at the same time, a few of my friends prefer the other hospital. So, at the end of the day, it is all about personal preference.

Alaska regional is a great hospital with excellent staff whose sole aim in life is your healthcare and all other related aspects. One can definitely go in here with confidence as one will be in safe hands here.

A

Athen1991

No doubt the care they provide is adequate and definitely above average and it does suffice but their fraudulent billing practices are what I hate to the core. They charge heavily for even trivial things. My son and I were down with a bad flu and I brought him along with me to Alaska for a check up and we were in and out in like 20 minutes. The doctor came in and took a good look at both of us, prescribed medications for both us and sent us back home.

A month later, I got a huge bill close to $2500 which left me in shock!! Who charges so much for literally 15-20 minutes; mind you not even half an hour! I am totally dissatisfied with the way they billed us and they have lost business from my side.

J

jacqueline hudson

The facility is nice with good medical facilities, good doctors and trustworthy and caring nurses. All of them are absolutely doing a great job. I was admitted here for 3 days and I found everything to be nice, except two to three things.

Firstly, I think they should communicate everything properly to the patient’s family so that the family members have a clear idea of what exactly is happening. Secondly, a lot can improved in the quality and the taste of the food they provide to their patients. I didn’t like the food they gave me even a little bit. Thirdly, I think they should open at least a small gift shop in the hospital. It would be a great pastime for visitors.

29ransom

I have been to many hospitals and even been admitted previously but my visit to Alaska regional changed many things forever. They have taken my standards to altogether a new level. Now if happen to visit another hospital later on, I would at least expect things to function like how it does in Alaska regional.

I was here for two days and I experienced only the good. Lucky me! The staff were amazing, caring and patient. And I didn’t have to wait at all for anything. Everything came in a platter to me and as a patient I highly appreciate that and would never forget how good the people who work in this hospital were to me.

I really want every other hospital to be like Alaska regional.

T

Twinkle Twinkle

My daughter was down with flu and an infection and started having a very severe ear pain all of a sudden one night. I took her and rushed to the ER of this hospital.

There was not a single soul waiting in the ER but these people made us wait for an hour at least before someone came down to check on my daughter. The nurse who came to take her triage looked all dazed as if she had just gotten up from sleep.

Such an unprofessional way of handling things! The nurses here are more bothered about their sleep than their patient’s well-being. Finally, they gave her an injection and prescribed a few pills and sent us back. And nothing good came out of it. She suffered the whole night and the next morning I had to take her to a different hospital where they diagnosed her properly and actually took care of her.

Never go to this hospital ever! They are the most negligent people on earth.

N

nathalia

I delivered both my children here and I am completely satisfied with my experience here. The nurses here are so sweet and ever ready to take tantrums that people like me throw at them. I was a complete mess especially during my first delivery and they made it a very wonderful and memorable experience for me. Even after my kids were born, till the time I was admitted there, the nurses took great care of me and my kids and ensured that I get good amounts of rest post-delivery.

everettgeorge1993

everettgeorge1993

I had been to the ER of Alaska regional last week and from the time I got there, things happened super duper fast. The whole place is so well-maintained and clean and people there do not make you wait forever and ever. I don’t know how many of you will believe this but I was in and out within 2 hours and that’s all!

When I went in, I was extremely sick but the nurses there were super friendly and although I was alone, they handled the situation really well for me. I honestly feel we need more nurses like them and they actually made the world a better place for me. The doctor who saw me was also a sweetheart! I don’t remember her name but I am glad she was there!

Loved being here because it felt cozier than home.

G

gertrude

First of all, I would like to thank the entire hospital staff for putting in tremendous amount of efforts to take care of me. It was all because of their efforts that my recovery was quick and quite effortless for me.

The surgeon who performed my surgery, Dr Stephen is an excellent guy and his friendly nature made me feel so much better whenever he interacted with me. Every single aspect of this hospital, the friendly staff, the incredible doctors, the more than helpful support staff, technicians and the yummylicious food, everything put together contributed to my early and better recovery.

I am already singing praises to all my friends and will keep doing it forever. You guys rock!! I definitely recommend this place.