Want to have some aerobic activity that is not tough on your body, but still giving you a good workout? Well then, grab a pair of sneakers, and start jogging.
According to fitness experts, jogging is an aerobic activity done at a speed of around 6 mph or lesser. Go beyond that, and you are running.
Jogging is one exercise that is not constrained by age or gender. Want to improve your overall health—go for a jog.
Want to lose weight – go for a jog. Aged above 25, can go for a jog. Aged 40-50, can go for a jog.
Jogging helps in building endurance, building up stamina and gradually prepares the muscles for more intense and longer runs. A 30-minute jog can work wonders for your body.
Once your body is accustomed to jogging, you can even go for a half-marathon or triathlon, etc. We look at some benefits of jogging in the morning every day.
1. Cardiovascular BenefitsThe best health benefit that you can get from jogging is improving your heart. Over time, jogging strengthens heart muscles resulting in the overall improvement in its efficiency.
A stronger heart leads to overall lower resting pulse and increased oxygen intake resulting in the heart performing its job with ease.
2. Improved Blood FlowRegular aerobic exercise like jogging helps in improving the circulatory system and overall circulation.
Studies have shown that jogging assists in increasing and better utilization of the oxygen by the body. It helps in improving the dilating capacity of the blood vessels, allowing it to work more efficiently.
3. Increases Lung CapacityWhen you jog, not only do you improve your heart, but also improve the lungs.
Regular jogging enhances the endurance capacity of respiratory muscles such as intercostal muscles and diaphragm allowing you to take deeper and fuller breaths.
This, in turn, aids in the generation of more capillaries that allow your muscles to get oxygen much quicker. It means that you will be less tired and can do more strenuous workouts with consummate ease.
4. Weight LossJogging is one the best ways to both manage as well as lose weight. Jogging gets your body moving and improves heart functioning.
When you jog, it not only burns the calories during the jog but also for another 24-48 hours. So the benefits will continue even after you complete the jog, speeding up the metabolism.
5. Improves Bone HealthResearchers are advocating regular jogging if you want to improve your bone health. Jogging and running help in improving bone mineral density.
Improved bone mineral density helps in addressing diseases such as osteoporosis.
6. Helps in Better Cholesterol ManagementGoing for a regular jog aids in better cholesterol management. Regular jogging has been found to reduce the levels of LDL cholesterol by up to 10%.
It also improves HDL cholesterol by 3 – 6%. Better cholesterol management helps in better treatment and prevention of associated diseases and improving overall health.
7. Good Workout For MusclesBesides improving the cardiovascular, respiratory, and circulatory system, jogging and running can help in giving a good workout to hamstrings, hip flexors, quadriceps, gluteals, core area, and calf muscles.
Regular jogging helps in toning these muscles, which helps in giving you that leaner look which you always desired.
8. Relieves StressJogging is one of the best and most inexpensive stress busters that you can have. Going for a jog will help you take your mind off your regular worries. It helps in working your stress off.
Jogging also helps in getting you the much-needed space, which enables you to get a fresh perceptive of your problems and address it in a better way.
9. Increases ConfidenceImproved confidence is also one of the benefits of regular jogging. It improves your morale. Improved morale allows you to focus on things in a better way and address them effectively.
10. Increases Overall FitnessRegular jogging can help in making you fitter. Losing weight is good, but being fit and healthy is more beneficial.
Jogging improves your respiratory and cardiovascular functions, which impacts your body positively. You will be able to do your tasks quickly and with less exertion. One added benefit is increased endurance capacity.
In ConclusionJogging is very beneficial, but one should follow certain rules. First and foremost, you need to have a good running shoes which will cushion the impact and stress on your ankles.
You should run on soft tracks. If you are jogging on the treadmill, then 30 minutes is the maximum time limit for jogging. Anything more, you will end up negating the benefits.
Most importantly, you should discuss with your doctor before you start jogging.